Long-term Phone

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to get a phone to keep for a couple years or so
I currently have a note 5, which I love and wouldn't mind keeping
However, I was wondering if any phones out now or coming out soon would be better in the long term
I'd also like to have a phone that holds its value well

Posted via the Android Central App

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Usually, for long term use, an iphone is the best. But if you want an android phone, a nexus is the best at long term use because of the software support directly from google.

Posted with ❤Love❤

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Definitely a Nexus if you want to keep updated to latest OS Nexus devices are best when it come to updates direct from Google and Nexus always gets updates first so you wont need to update device for a good few years

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Not sure I understand what you're looking for. By most accounts, the Note 5 is one of the most advanced phones out there, it would be my daily driver if not for the size.

What is it that you're looking for to future-proof the phone? Most improvements are marginal these days rather than the ground breaking introduction of the original iPhone type of impact. I keep most of my phones 2-3 years since there are generally not such major improvements that I feel the need to jump.

Some of the phones are going backwards IMO eliminating replaceable batteries and SD cards.