Best single hand use Android phone?

zoenphlux

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Time to say goodbye to big phones. I have a note 4, and I haven't really enjoyed it. At first it was great. I'm a big guy, and it seemed like a great size. I had an HTC one m8 before that, and I talked myself into the note 4. After using it for around 9 months I'm just wore out with it. It's just too big for comfortable use. I don't like having to two hand my phone all the time, and using this one handed is not enjoyable at all. I tried to get the thinnest case I could, but I've decided I'm done with big phones. I have an iphone6 I use with work, and I like the feel of it much better. I don't like iOS, however, so I am looking toward android. I have a Samsung note pro 12.2 that I really enjoy when I'm at home, so I don't need a massive phone all the time too.

Anybody have a recommendation for Verizon that is a great smaller phone? I have used an S4, and it's a lot better. I'm still thinking its a little wide. I may not have a choice but to go for a 5" screen though. How's the moto X, and moto x 2014?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Both of those devices are pretty decent, but somewhat dated as well. Check out the Moto G 2015 if you're looking at Moto, it's like $180 and a 5" 16:9 display. It'd be very comparable to the Moto X 2014.

Otherwise, the HTC A9 is a 5" device, the upcoming Galaxy S7 should be about 5.1" and Sony has the Z5 in a 5.2" version and a 4.6" compact version.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Heh... to me, 'small phone' means my wife's 5.5" G4. :)

But I'd second the Moto G 2015... if I needed to pick up a smaller phone, or a 'backup', that's probably the one I'd get.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh duh. Nexus 5X. Fantastic device, 5.2", small, light, inexpensive and sexier than a fat panda riding a motorcycle.

zoenphlux

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I should have mentioned I don't want to spend over 200$. I spent 400$ on my note 4, and 200$ on my wifes note 3 recently. I don't see any difference other than things are a little bigger looking on her screen(which i like). I can't see spending over 200$ anymore, because I don't do anything major on a phone.

I started looking at those, but found out Verizon doesn't support them. I actually will be using page plus, but it has to be a Verizon phone to do that. I really like the MOTO G, bu they dont have one with all the bands needed for Verizon LTE. I was fixing to custom order one actually when I found the site, but got disappointed when I saw the CDMA they offer isn't Verizon friendly. :(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Good point, we didn't know you were doing prepaid. All but the Sony's work on Verizon postpaid, but prepaid they have different requirements. The Moto E is very inexpensive and pretty solid and as Ry said, the DROID Mini would also be small and affordable.

zoenphlux

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Page plus only allows post paid Verizon phones. Prepaid phones are allowed only if the device was activated on Verizon prepaid for a while, and the esn was released for post paid service. Moto G was going to be perfect, but they don't have a Verizon one that I can find. I got my kids some first gen moto g's and I was very surprised at how good they are. Decent pictures, and a great screen for 50$. Plus they are quick.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I love my note 4, but I'm tired of the size. I've been looking at a nexus 5 or moto g. For daily use (emails, phone calls, occasional youtube video) I would like something smaller. I have a iphone for work also as well as an ipad. I don't mind ios, but for phones I'd rather have android.

Posted via the Android Central App

zoenphlux

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was going for the moto G 2nd gen, but the LG g2 is almost half the price for a 32gb version. Benchmarks show them neck and neck when the LG is on a custom rom. There is also CM13 for the LG to try marshmallow. I should get mine this week. Looking forward to a smaller phone, and hopefully the land of smooth. This note 4 lags a ton.

Posted via the Android Central App

crocodile90

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Time to say goodbye to big phones. I have a note 4, and I haven't really enjoyed it. At first it was great. I'm a big guy, and it seemed like a great size. I had an HTC one m8 before that, and I talked myself into the note 4. After using it for around 9 months I'm just wore out with it. It's just too big for comfortable use. I don't like having to two hand my phone all the time, and using this one handed is not enjoyable at all. I tried to get the thinnest case I could, but I've decided I'm done with big phones. I have an iphone6 I use with work, and I like the feel of it much better. I don't like iOS, however, so I am looking toward android. I have a Samsung note pro 12.2 that I really enjoy when I'm at home, so I don't need a massive phone all the time too.

Anybody have a recommendation for Verizon that is a great smaller phone? I have used an S4, and it's a lot better. I'm still thinking its a little wide. I may not have a choice but to go for a 5" screen though. How's the moto X, and moto x 2014?

I love the way i manage iphone 6. But, to be honest my wife had a xperia z3 compact and it's awesome!! :D