unlocked "knock off" phones - suggestions - Verizon

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I wasn't sure where to post this and this seemed like the most fitting place.

I am currently using a Samsung S6 edge on Verizon.

I like it but don't love it. I do love the gear watches though (being able to talk on the phone through the watch). I came from a Turbo and 360.

Anyway, I have been recently looking at the Blu phones and wanting to try one. They are so cheap and most of their batterys are 5000mAh. However they don't work on Verizon.

Does anyone know of a good "knock" off phone that runs Android with a huge battery and decent specs? I'm looking to try one out and see how it is. Also, if you know a cheap smartwatch to match it with let me know.

Posted via the Android Central App

BHO mber

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: unlocked "knock off" phones - suggestions - Verizon

It's going to be really hard to find a knock off phone that is CDMA compatible. Most knock off phones are GSM since they are made and marketed for markets outside USA. Verizon and sprint are the very few if not only that use CDMA.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Currently the only unlocked, non-carrier phones that will work on Verizon are:

Moto X Pure Edition (third generation, 2015)
Nexus 6
Nexus 5X
Nexus 6P

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I would probably wait and see what Samsung 7s are all about. I recently went from IOS (Iphone 5) to a Droid Turbo 2 and I am less than thrilled with the Turbo 2. The Turbo 2 is worth it if you can snag it at a discount -- some say they can get if for $225 and others (like me) for $325 -- but no fingerprint reader and a subpar camera are a real shame for a feature phone in 2016 -- not to mention the endless amount of bloatware. Based upon what I am hearing, I think the Nexus 6P is your best bet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Turbo 2's camera is far from subpar.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion the Moto X Pure Edition is the best bang for your buck. Even the 16gb version used in conjunction with and sd card. Downside is no fingerprint reader. I've been looking at trading my iPhone 6 Plus and this is my top choice right now. I'd go for a 6p if you can afford it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12