What smartphone should i buy?

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello, i am looking for help on an unlocked smartphone purchase. Currently , i have a Lumia 920 provided by my workplace for use, and they are going to a reimbursement policy. I am not really a fan of the windows phone, and somewhat clueless about smartphones in general due to having worked for the same company for more then 10 years, and only kept a basic flip phone for personal use.

I work on construction projects, doing field engineering, so need a durable phone, that can take good pictures in low light/night conditions, and can be carried pretty easily. My main uses of the phone will be Quality Camera, as a hotspot, taking reports with word/excel/sharepoint etc, sending reports & photos through laptop/tablet with hotspot, & web surfing. Price is not a huge issue, but preferably under 600 US, i have no real issue spending money for a flagship phone provided the quality is worth it. Prefer to avoid a lot of boatware on the phone, size is probably 5-5.5", maybe bigger but i will be using a case regardless, so the larger phones are problematic for extended field use, and i feel 5-5.5" is about the right size, the Lumia 920 is 4.5" and a pain to text/type on. Carrier will likely be AT&T or another GSM in the US.

Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I recommend Otterbox cases if you work on construction sites. I've used them on engineering jobs and they're near on bullet proof.

An Otterbox with a Note 5 would be absolutely massive. Not sure how you could even pocket that thing. I work construction with a G4 which is already a big phone and I have the thinnest case made, so far so good.

washiGaming

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
An Otterbox with a Note 5 would be absolutely massive. Not sure how you could even pocket that thing. I work construction with a G4 which is already a big phone and I have the thinnest case made, so far so good.

Maybe it is due to German mannerisms but I'm used to attaching it on a belt clip ;)