thinking about a new phone

Eric faley

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 4. Nice phone but has become slow,sluggish. Battery hog.i had Verizon look at it. There excuse was that's how it runs on 5.0 Android.i took it back to best buy where I bought it. We can reload your software but our computer is broken. So I took out some apps that I don't used. Turned off bloat ware apps I don't use. Cleared cache. Unloaded pictures etc. Some performance came back. Was thinking about the Nexus 6 then I realized it came out the same time mine came out. Then saw the 6p. But it wasn't made by Motorola. Made by a company that I'm unfamiliar with. Not sure if I should just hang on to the note 4 for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you clear the system cache partition, or only the app caches? Clear the cache partition if you haven't yet: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

You can reinstall the firmware using Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch--that can sometimes fix various glitches.

The Nexus 6P is made by Huawei, a Chinese company that has gained prominence very rapidly by building its reputation for making high quality hardware. It has garnered almost universal praise (although there have been a few concerns raised about certain aspects of build quality). Here's an interesting (but long) post from someone who was able to discuss the 6P development process with actual Google engineers: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3ws16x/everything_i_learned_about_nexus_at_the_nyc_nexus/

I have a 6P, and it's terrific! Great performance, impressive camera, excellent screen. The biggest phone that I can comfortably handle.

Eric faley

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I did the system cache. I also checked for updates and the phone went from 5.01 to 5.1.1. I also found a whole bunch of text dump logs. I cleared all those out too. I did notice after that the phone is working much better. My only gripe now is from the lock screen that phone icon or camera icon where you swipe is still slow and laggy or doesn't respond. But when just swipe the screen and not use those icons it opens pretty fast.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm also think of getting a new phone and i'm stuck between the 6P or the xperia Z5 (US version) those two are so far the phone that have grab my attention.

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm also think of getting a new phone and i'm stuck between the 6P or the xperia Z5 (US version) those two are so far the phone that have grab my attention.

If I have to choose, I'll totally go for 6P. Because I'm a frequent rom flasher abs I love trying out new roms.
Nexus devices are just the perfect phones for someone like me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21