Iphone users will get newer Emojis soon. How come we're still so behind with something sooo simple?!

albert1285

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
First of all I must mention that I don't want to switch to iphone since I don't like iOS, next I keep wondering myself how is it possible to be so behind with something so simple as the Emojis? I mean they got new emojis in September/August? and I for example have the same ones (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge). This is absolutely ridiculous, hope we get more support with this matter. Following this slow pattern, I see myself soon getting the S7 and have the emojis that came for them in September shm.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple will be selling less iphones this year..... I think by upgrading older phones to the latest version of IOS is hurting them

Posted via the Android Central App

stellarowl12

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
You know the emojis look quite different when sent from Android to iOS and vice versa right?

One that looks innocuous on Android may turn out to be very angry looking on iOS and what not. Just an interesting tidbit :p

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Also be aware that not all emojis will show up on the receivers devices. I have sent some from my MacBook Pro to one of my Android phones and some of them never showed up in the message. It might be due to the fact that the Android does not have some of those emojis. sometimes, they would shoe up as a broken image would show up, just a outline of a box.

CCloth

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Wasn't apple the first phone that enabled emojis when they started using japanese text? This is way back like 7 years ago. It was a hidden feature on the phone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't apple the first phone that enabled emojis when they started using japanese text? This is way back like 7 years ago. It was a hidden feature on the phone.

I think this is correct. It wasn't enabled right away but there was a jailbreak mod that enabled them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I like the Android emoticons that came on my G3, and the ones that my mom has on her S4. Apple seems to be heavy on that kinda stuff... But oh well. I feel like most of my friends have Android phones...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I never understood the fascination with emojis. However, 6.0.1 brought new emojis to Marshmallow when it rolled out to Nexus devices, you're just being left behind by your manufacturer/carrier. I imagine people using a 3rd-party keyboard such as Swype might get added emojis with updates to the keyboard, I just never paid attention.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You know the emojis look quite different when sent from Android to iOS and vice versa right?

One that looks innocuous on Android may turn out to be very angry looking on iOS and what not. Just an interesting tidbit :p

Whoa... I never thought about that. I will have to check that when my wife gets home on her 6S+.

I usually don't use them anyways.