Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in India

Kaushik Dash

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This device (with snapdragon 650) will be released in India very soon and the spec sheet is VERY tempting. Metal body, very powerful, decent camera, fingerprint among other features. The few stuffs I will miss are gorilla glass, water resistance and fast charging (50 percent in 1 hour isn't really fast charging). Nonetheless, this phone is more than I can wish for the price point.

Questions comes down to this, when Xiaomi originally released its devices in India, people had mixed thoughts. Some said they had issues, some were satisfied. Now that they have come a long way....

How are the build quality of their devices now? Will I face issues or will they work like any other A listed companies?

How is after sales service (particularly in India)? Will I end up a month without my phone if it gives some problems? (A questions for fellow Indians)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Very good questions. I believe that quality has improved and that you may not have any issues with the hardware. However, whether or not you will have support should you have issues in the future is another question. That really depends on the retailers and how difficult it may be to start a warranty replacement claim.