WIFI Questions

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
All I know about WIFI is some cafes, stores, and the public library has it. Wondering what the range of coverage is, if your near the wifi spot say a half a block away can you connect with it?

Question #2. If you have both DATA and WIFI enabled on the phone, does wifi activate automatically if your in the spot? and does DATA use stop?
Thanks!

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The range differs from one place to another. It's best to actually be inside the building to have optimum connection. You can always check how many wifi bars you have to determine how well the connection is. For me personally, I prefer to avoid all public wifi. I turn off wifi network notification and only use mobile data and when I get home it auto connect to home wifi.

Google Nexus 6P

chewyboy0

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The range of wifi depends on the building. With something like a restaurant it probably only works in the building and that's the same with most wifi hotspots. With hospitals they have a lot of wifi routers spread around the building so the wifi works around all over the hospital. With data when you are connected to wifi it automatically uses the wifi and doesn't use your data then after you disconnect from the wifi (when you are far enough away from it) the data automatically starts to work again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm