How much do you Customize your Phone?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I usually keep things "normal" for a few months; and then get into themes. I liked using launchers on my Nexus 5; but for my LG G3, I'm starting with themes (LG SmartWorld has a bunch of really cool ones), and have used a couple already. Will probably get into launchers again eventually - I usually change things up every couple of weeks/months.

Customizability is one of the many things I love about Android.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I am a big fan of the Go apps : Go launcher z with multiple wallpapers, go sms did and made my own personal sms backgrounds and fonts, go dialer, I use an icon app "Leather" which offers a phenomenal amount of detailed classy icons, I use swift key for swiping, Firefox for browser, I use hardly any of the default phone apps and hide as many as I can.

Such is the beauty of Android on my Galaxy Note3!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I used to do a ton of customizations to my old phones generations ago (like HTC EVO, Galaxy Nexus, etc) including custom ROMs, launchers, Tasker, But recent phones have gotten so good that I don't even bother anymore. Almost every feature that I used to root to get has been incorporated into stock.I remember when we got to Jelly Bean and CyanogenMod 10, I really wasn't finding many differences between CM and stock. (Don't know if that's still the case.)

All I do now is change my wallpaper, setup my home screen appstore and widgets, and change my keyboard.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Action Launcher and custom icons on my 5x but haven't had the need to root since the last time I had a samsung phone.

hotdogchilli

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, I like customizing. It's for me the most interesting part when I get a new phone. And yes, I rooted my phone recently, but I still haven't had a chance to explore new options.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
If I could root my Verizon Note 5 I would have done it the first day I bought it.
I have rooted every phone I've had, if it was able to be rooted.
I get by with Nova Prime and Package Disabler Pro

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Seems like I am only one here who is not using themes. But now I will give it a try.

No themes, not rooted, stock launcher.

My wallpaper(s) are from my DSLR photos, I have ripped a bunch of song clips to use as ring tones, I choose what apps are on my home screens.
Textra for sms, FireFox for web browsing, stock email since I don't do much email on the phone.

cirkit

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I've really fallen off on customization. I use to organize my apps and background to match and it would look amazing in my opinion. I've gotten really lazy these days and it starts looking sloppy on my screen.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the phone.

I usually have a mix of style and simplicity plus functionality on my daily drivers. On my rooted devices, I go all-out, even installing ROMs and kernels plus tweaks.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Purple Zebra

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow. No, seriously. Wow. That's really effin' clean and simplistic. I'm very impressed.

Thanks. A little sailfish, a little MIUI, a little touchwiz... Probably a few other inspirational elements in there... Not very Googley.

This is why I often nitpick design choices by Google or OEMs. I put a lot, probably too much effort into pixel perfect layouts. I care perhaps too much.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. A little sailfish, a little MIUI, a little touchwiz... Probably a few other inspirational elements in there... Not very Googley.

This is why I often nitpick design choices by Google or OEMs. I put a lot, probably too much effort into pixel perfect layouts. I care perhaps too much.

Posted via the Android Central App
I like Material, but I honestly think it's really too bright.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2