Any good android phone for $150 or less

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What are you looking for in terms of screen size? Any must-have features like a removeable battery or a micro SD expansion slot? Which carrier do you intend to use this device with?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
First / foremost you need to chose (or specify) a carrier. There are a lot of incompatibilities you need to steer clear of.

Do you need wifi hotspot hosting capabilities? There are some stark differences there too from carrier to carrier.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, the xiaomi redmi 3 pro is a beast for $138+-(before shipping) snapdragon 616, 3GB ram, fingerprint sensor, and 4100mah battery with 5 inch 720p display. Cant ask for more with this only $138 phone! Its amazing.

The battery will last 2 days EASILY with 4100 mah battery and 720p screen. And you shouldn't worry about the performance. And the fingerprint sensor is really nice, not crappy. (From a review at another tech blog)

Posted with ❤Love❤

smithe24

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Screen size minimum 4 inch
Good Camera quality, as I am found of clicking pictures.
Expendable memory
Dual Sim
Good Battery Backup
(Except Xiaomi) because I already have it.

These are my basic requirements I am looking in a phone.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Expendable memory
Dual Sim
Good Battery Backup

Well the "except xiaomi" is hard.... Only xiaomi makes good low end phones.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
May be it's good phone but I am not really impressed with this specially it's camera quality. I have Note 2. BTW what phone are you using?

Well, i recommend you to save more money to buy a mid range rather than $150 phones. Since i know that my uncle's note 2 is still doing very well. Im using S6 edge.

Posted with ❤Love❤

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Expendable memory
Dual Sim
Good Battery Backup

Good Camera quality and dual sim under $150 is going to be difficult. Particularly in low light conditions... many of the $600 flagships struggle with this. If camera quality is a priority IMHO you should look to the higher $ models, it will be $$ well spent. The LGV10 is (to this day) still is the ONLY phone that matches my preferences, many of which are centered around camera quality. I am not thrilled about spending $675 for it... but I am glad that I did. The worst thing is being stuck with a device that annoys you.

I really don't have that many preferences... they just don't make phones that fit my criteria.
>SD card
>Removable battery
>Wifi hotspot hosting
>Major US carrier
>Under $700

You might be in a similar scenario with your price range.

Last edited:

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
You don't have room to be picky when selecting a low end device. Grab a used Galaxy Note 3. Much better value

Posted via the Android Central App