Galaxy S6/S7 Touch Response Delay

Voden

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I've read in reviews that HTC has spent some time reducing the touch response of the 10's screen and OS. I was wondering what you guys think of the S7s TouchWiz and the touch response when moving around the OS.
Here's a video of an S6 running Marshmallow exhibiting rubberbanding on Chrome. Compared to non-TouchWiz phones, how much do you notice the touch response delay?
I have a Sony Z3 Compact and subjectively, I feel like that phone is more fluid when scrolling. It seems to me that Samsung is masking the touch response delay by maintaining 60fps and boosting the touch screen sensitivity. I'd like to hear owners thoughts before I pull the trigger on an S7. These things matter to me. :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, touch response can often be as much an app issue as it is something to do with the phone. Not knowing more about that video, it's hard to say. Chrome is a tricky beast. People I know with S7's have sometimes complained about Chrome's performance on their phones and have moved over to Samsung's homegrown browser.

I will say that in the times I've had to use my wife's S7, I can't say as thought I've seen any issue with touch latency to be honest. Frame drops and some UI jank, sure. But not any response problems.

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's just me, as I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but I think the S7's samsung browser is far better than chrome.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781