Switching to Verizon.... 2 Year Contract or Payment Plan

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to switch to Verizon. Trying to decide between going to best buy and getting an S7 on 2 year contract or doing the installment plan. Did the math and it's virtually the same over the course of the 2 years. What is the benefit of installment billing aside from being able to trade in my device after 12 months?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you checked the latest coupon codes, rebates, accessory perks...etc? There might be a difference there.

When it came time for me, I just paid full $$$ for the device at the time from the Verizon store. For me, its more unsettling having payments or a long contract.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You're right. You've got to be grandfathered in to do thst. Beware of verizon. Make sure you put your S7 through its paces within the first 14 days or your getting a rephurb as a replacement. I bought an S7 edge. For the first 2 weeks it was wonderful. Beginning week 3,no data connection. Verizon technical support did all they could but finally deemed it defective. When I was told that they'd send a replacement of a rephurb or used, I refused. If I pay for a new phone and its defective, I want a new one as a replacement. Not a used one. Anyway its been 3 weeks that ive called customer support every day and was told id get a call back from a supervisor. That call NEVER came. So i sold the phone as defective, took the hit, ordered a new one from swappa, and am hoping this wont happen again. Oh yes, I did cancel thst line thst the S7 edge was on. Went to T-mobile and am happy. The biggest reason I'm so bull st verizon? Been with them 24 years, 5 lines, always bought my phones through them except 1 that I received as a gift.

Posted via Android Central App

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
You're right. You've got to be grandfathered in to do thst. Beware of verizon. Make sure you put your S7 through its paces within the first 14 days or your getting a rephurb as a replacement. I bought an S7 edge. For the first 2 weeks it was wonderful. Beginning week 3,no data connection. Verizon technical support did all they could but finally deemed it defective. When I was told that they'd send a replacement of a rephurb or used, I refused. If I pay for a new phone and its defective, I want a new one as a replacement. Not a used one. Anyway its been 3 weeks that ive called customer support every day and was told id get a call back from a supervisor. That call NEVER came. So i sold the phone as defective, took the hit, ordered a new one from swappa, and am hoping this wont happen again. Oh yes, I did cancel thst line thst the S7 edge was on. Went to T-mobile and am happy. The biggest reason I'm so bull st verizon? Been with them 24 years, 5 lines, always bought my phones through them except 1 that I received as a gift.

Why wouldn't you contact Samsung and have them send you a replacement? They overnight them out. Dealing with any carrier is a nightmare when it comes to warranties and replacements.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if verizon had explained that to me I would have. But as a retired retail manager, we always took back what we sold, then turned it in to the manufacturer for credit. Kept our customers happy, and kept our customers OURS

quest7

May 9, 2010
Visit site
IMO, go with the payment plan. It will cost you less up from. It use to be their Edge program. That's what I'm on and will use, when I decide between the s7 and Note 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781