New S7 Edge notification sound issue fix

jazaddict

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If ur among those who's incomimg text msgs aren't sounding, here's what I found.

The new s7 edge that I got needed 2 or 3 system updates OTA. I'd recommend skipping all the setup stuff and head directly to settings-system updates.
Do em all if ur gonna do em at all.
Then do a system reset to factory reset (which scrubs all ur customizations ando user data).

Apparently some out-of-the-box older systems are glitchy , but once updated and phone scrubbed things work as expected.

FYI, I did all my setup, bunch of apps, customization before I noticed the text msgs weren't dingin'. I was in the apps-block-allow, in the notification settings, in the msg+ settings, trying EVERYTHING to avoid the BIG scrub, but that was the only solution that worked.

So hope someone else is delivered from the annoyance......come on Samsung, we showed with the $$$$$$ , how about getting ur product square? And don't get me started on the note 5 sans SD and battery access (which is why I'm on the s7 edge to begin with)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep, it's really nice to have these forums to help each other out, when the phone makers take our 600+ bucks then drop us on our azzes :mad:

Vince_MccrayT

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Fixing an issue with the #Samsung Galaxy S7 (#GalaxyS7) stock text messaging app that don’t play the notification sound when messages come in. Learn how to deal with a texting problem wherein the phone can’t send and/or receive text messages from certain iPhone users. Galaxy S7 text messages get duplicated. Troubleshoot an S7 that can send SMS but can’t receive can’t receive from some certain people plus other texting problems included in this post. Learn how to request free Android support from us. Galaxy-S7-text-messaging-problems hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay