Small phones or big phones

omgitzclark

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
People like me hate really really big phones, like as big as the iPhone 6s Plus, big things are a huge difference to me and its the thing that brings me off a product, like I was going to get the Motorola G4 but what put me off that product was the size, I'm not even going to go to G3 either as it will soon be really outdated. So this gives me the question to everyone on the forum (or atleast some) Big, or small. Do you like it really BIG or like it small (4.7 - 5 inch)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I like phones of all sizes but I am keenly aware of how few small good-quality well-specced phones there are among Android devices at the present time....and among Windows phones, if it comes to that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Personal preference.

I'd prefer a smaller phone. But I'm fine with my Moto X Pure Edition.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on the bezel size for me. The iPhone 6s+ is too big for me because of the bezels, not because of the screen size itself.

If a device has small bezels then a large screen doesn't bother me.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm a one hand fan, my old GS3 at 4.8" (or was it 4.7"?) was a great size. However, I'll probably be jumping to the Note 7 when it's released for business practicality purposes.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Despite my little hands I do prefer big phones. I have the S6 Edge + now and am waiting on the Note 7 which I believe may be a tad bigger yay

I don't handle my phone with just one hand for the obvious reasons. I've always felt that " bigger " is better ............ for me anyways

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My G3 is the perfect size for me. I feel like I can do 5.2" - 5.5"... But anything else would be a big adjustment. LOOL punny!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Generally I prefer larger... But there are other things that are more important. Internal storage capacity, expandable storage, removable battery, headphone audio quality, durability... Off the top of my head.

Posted via the Android Central App

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the nexus 6 for a while now and I think every phone looks tiny!! 5.5" to 6" is good. The screen real estate really does it for me.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
It all depends on the bezel size for me. The iPhone 6s+ is too big for me because of the bezels, not because of the screen size itself.

If a device has small bezels then a large screen doesn't bother me.

So true about the bezels! My iPhone SE fits perfectly into the whole screen of my Nextbit Robin because of all of that bezel! Not kidding, I was shocked to see this.

I think I prefer small overall, but I have to say that it's interesting how we can adapt so easily. Big phones are not for me. 5.2" screen size is the highest I would go. At the moment, I have a 4" iPhone SE, 5" Lumia 640, and 5.2" Nextbit Robin. For a minute, I'm like whoa when I switch but then that goes away. For me as long as I can use it one handed, I'm good. One handed use is a huge deal to me.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It really SUX that the industry and carriers (practically) force us to make a choice one way or the other in the first place. Why don't they let us operate multiple simultaneous devices on the same line number??? Doesn't seem that difficult as far as technology goes. Of course cellular data usage would probably increase... but thats a minor penalty for the added convenience. Imagine being able to chose every morning which handset you want to use... grab it and go. No on-line settings to make, no SIM card exchange, no need to reboot anything.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
For ease of screen use, I like the bigger screens.
I have large hands, so talking on a larger phone is more comfortable than on a smaller one.
The bigger screen leads to bigger keyboard buttons, which are nice for my fat fingers.
I think my 5.5 inch LG G4 is the right size for me.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My wife just picked up a Note 4, nice phone for sure! I was checking it out this weekend and it's a big one without question. Walked around with it in my pocket for a while and can't say I was thrilled. I'm considering the Note 7 this year but I'm going to have to think about that again, I don't see how any of you big phone people can stand carrying these slabs around in your pockets. No...I don't wear skinny jeans, but front/back/cargo no matter what I was wearing it was not something I think I could deal with.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I was always a bigger phone guy until i had the S6 Edge which was pretty small in comparison to my previous LG phones. Transitioning from the S6E to the S7E felt like a world of difference in size. I was tempted to get the S7 just to keep it smaller and lighter, but I really wanted the titanium color and the edge is just pretty attractive to look at!

Posted from my S7 Edge via the Android Central App

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy still using my M8 which has a 5" screen, although the M8 feels bigger what with the speakers and all. For me 5 - 5.5" is optimum, I wouldn't go any larger than that and I struggle when I use my iPhone 5s as that's too small. My better half has Nexus 6 and while I like the phone, it's way too big for me

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Big phones for me. I went to the 5" area once and regretted it. I would prefer a phone between 5.5-6".

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For ease of screen use, I like the bigger screens.
I have large hands, so talking on a larger phone is more comfortable than on a smaller one.
The bigger screen leads to bigger keyboard buttons, which are nice for my fat fingers.
I think my 5.5 inch LG G4 is the right size for me.

I agree with you. My hands are small but typing on a virtual keyboard is still difficult for me (I switched over from BlackBerry about three years back); so I like having a bigger screen so I could have a bigger keyboard size. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I also used to be a big phone guy, but since I don't play games or watch videos anymore on my phone. I'm now leaning towards smaller devices 5.0-5.5 . S7 or the smaller nexus 2016 will be my next phone once I sell my Note 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz