Really impressed with Marshmallow 6.0 Doze Feature

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I use bluetooth exclusively, so my phone is mostly stationary, either on my desk, coffee table etc.
With my typical calls and texts only (no web browsing game playing etc.), and a quick email check here and there I'm using on average 15% of my battery per day. That's incredible considering this is an MXPE, which is a big battery hungry phone, or so I thought.

Of course if I'm on the move a lot, with the phone in my pocket, it uses a lot more juice.....the doze feature only activates when the phone isn't moving. But it's a VERY cool feature if you use bluetooth a lot and don't move your phone around too much during the day. Me likey :D ;)

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Really impressed with the doze feature in 6.0.....is stretching my battery an unbelievable amoun

Me too. I also am on bluetooth 24/7 as I have my LGV10 tethered to a Moto360 watch for all my notifications.

My phone uses less than 1% overnight... go to bed at 100% and wake up at 100% most of the time.

The exception would be on the evening of the 25th every month, when my Verizon cell data usage cycle flips over to day-1. Those nights It uses ~5% overnight. It could be the Verizon data usage widget I am running. Its a pie graph icon that shows real time what I am using.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Really impressed with the doze feature in 6.0.....is stretching my battery an unbelievable amoun

Doze is a great feature - glad you are really enjoying it.