Incredible 2 shows up on BestBuy system

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I saw this too (posted it in the INC S forum) and was wondering if there was any truth to it coming soon or not. I hope so, because I have been waiting for this one since it is smaller than TB and 4G LTE is not a necessity for me right now.

If you're looking for something smaller than the TB, and dont care about LTE then you're better off with the original Droid Incredible. The original Incredible has a 3.7 in screen vs the TB's 4.3 (the DINC 2 has a 4 in). The specs for the DINC 2 are a minor (probably completely unnoticeable) upgrade from the original one anyway and the price tag will most likely be around 250.00 on contract, whereas you can get the original Dinc for anywhere from free up to 49.99, I think Verizon was giving them away for free recently and on Amazon they are free too with a contract.

I forgot to mention too that if you got on eBay I bet you could still find an AMOLED screen Dinc instead of the Super LCD versions.

Reactions: AmousmosesMW

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking for something smaller than the TB, and dont care about LTE then you're better off with the original Droid Incredible. The original Incredible has a 3.7 in screen vs the TB's 4.3 (the DINC 2 has a 4 in). The specs for the DINC 2 are a minor (probably completely unnoticeable) upgrade from the original one anyway and the price tag will most likely be around 250.00 on contract, whereas you can get the original Dinc for anywhere from free up to 49.99, I think Verizon was giving them away for free recently and on Amazon they are free too with a contract.

I forgot to mention too that if you got on eBay I bet you could still find an AMOLED screen Dinc instead of the Super LCD versions.

The Dinc 2 won't be more than $200 on contract. (I'd bet on $149) And it is a completely different phone than the current one; better, bigger screen, FFC, faster processor with more ram, and gingerbread with Sense.

No offense, but you'd be stupid to get a first generation Dinc when this new one is on the verge of coming out.

Reactions: AmousmosesMW

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The Dinc 2 won't be more than $200 on contract. (I'd bet on $149) And it is a completely different phone than the current one; better, bigger screen, FFC, faster processor with more ram, and gingerbread with Sense.

No offense, but you'd be stupid to get a first generation Dinc when this new one is on the verge of coming out.

I still take the other position that you'd have to be stupid to get this with the original Dinc still out there. The hardware of the inc 2 is (and i'm being OVERLY kind) a mediocre upgrade that noone who uses the phone as their daily driver would even notice, and the screen isn't better it's .3 in bigger and still SLCD. Also if this phone is anything like the Incredible S (it's a carbon copy) then it will be shipping with 2.2 upgradeable to 2.3 in the future.

This phone is in pretty much the same situation as the thunderbolt, it was a minor hardware upgrade from the EVO and VZW charged 249.00 on contract. Why pay 200.00 (bare minimum i'm guessing altho I still say they'll want 249.00) when you can get an almost identical phone for free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante