Looking for Best Android Phone Battery Life

Dave Scarpa

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
With the Iphone 7 looking pretty Non Revolutionary, I'm thinking of Going back to an Android phone, when I last had one a Samsung galaxy 4, it had horrid battery life. What's the best of the urrent or upcoming crop of phones that balances good battery life and features?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The note 5 is fantastic. You can manage the battery life with various settings. As long as your bank is compatible you can also use Samsung Pay which works anywhere there is a card slider, whether it's tap and pay or not. I love it.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I think you can't go wrong with the Note 5 or even the upcoming Note 7, unless you are not a fan of big phones. If you are on AT&T, you can also consider the S7 Active. It might not look as nice on the outside but it has a big battery that people have said that it lasts all day easily.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Currently, the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and S7 Active are probably one of the very best when it comes to battery life.

The Google Nexus 6P also manages pretty good runtime, provided the processor isn't under load, and if you don't live in the US, the Huawei Mate 8 has a pretty legit battery, if you don't mind Huawei's.....interesting choices with their EMUI skin.

The Galaxy Note7 is right around the corner along with the Nexus Sailfish and Marlin, which are set to bring in large batteries as well, so I'd definitely wait for those before making a decision. ;)

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you want amazing battery life for very little coin, check out the Blu Studio Energy 2. 5000 mh battery is just incredible. You can basically ignore the battery meter.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Having owned smartphones since their inception, the galaxy S7 edge is the first one I can honestly say that I have no worries about making it through a whole day, NO PROBLEM. I pick it up off the charger at 5:30 am, and at 10:00 PM the lowest its ever been is 32% . I consider myself a moderate to heavy user.

Posted via Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I think besides battery size, the premier factor with batteries is app management. If you have a big battery but some rogue or poorly developed app running it won't matter the size. Conversely, if your phone is lean and running without the battery hogging apps you're good to go.

Here's a good case in point, I had a LG G4 that for the first 8 months was an absolute monster. I run my business from my phone during the day and I'm always on the phone, texting, emails, internet, some apps., many times in areas with bad coverage. Every night I'd go to bed with 35% left averaging 3-4 hours screen time, 1 1/2+ hours on the phone...never even close to running out of battery.

Then MM happened and screwed up something so bad on the phone it would crash at 4:30 every day, sometimes earlier. I gave up messing around with the thing trying to get it to operate correctly and picked up a new S7. Back to great battery life now (much nicer phone also).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC