Samsung Galaxy A7 2015 marshmallow update issues

wp640xl

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
After updating my Samsung Galaxy A7 2015 a700fd to marshmallow 6.0.1 several issues started appearing. First issue is about battery life, its pathetic after upgrading. Second issue is even more serious, wifi and cellular internet is not working fine at all. Even though my other phones are working fine on wifi but a7 has connectivity issue, it doesnt open google play store or any other app requiring Internet, also cellular data doesn't work. I have already tried resetting my phone but problem persist. I had never faced Internet issue earlier(prior to marshmallow update). Am i the only one facing these issues? What should i do now? My galaxy A7 2015 still under warranty. Please suggest possible solution.

Pallavbudhkar

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I am also facing similar issues. Google play / chrome and some more google services doesnt open.
Wifi works well with samsung internet browser but fails when i try to connect google play... its blank screen there.

tried resetting phone 6-7 times but same issue. even after resetting it does not connect to wifi so i have to switch to mobile data to put google credentials.

its really frustrating.

cherry on top is the "Screen overlay detected" issue. do what ever you can but once that issue surfaces you cant use any of the app.
tried disabling all apps but no use.

Someone from google / samsung / android listening ?????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are a number of screen overlay threads active in the forums right now--do a search for "screen overlay," and review some of them to see if they might help. Some people have found that uninstalling apps like CleanMaster or KeepSafe solves the problem.

wp640xl

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I am also facing similar issues. Google play / chrome and some more google services doesnt open.
Wifi works well with samsung internet browser but fails when i try to connect google play... its blank screen there.

tried resetting phone 6-7 times but same issue. even after resetting it does not connect to wifi so i have to switch to mobile data to put google credentials.

its really frustrating.

cherry on top is the "Screen overlay detected" issue. do what ever you can but once that issue surfaces you cant use any of the app.
tried disabling all apps but no use.

Someone from google / samsung / android listening ?????
I have no screen overlay problem, only connectivity issue and reduced battery life. I did reset my phone a number of times but that didn't help either. Without internet access a7 is now no use to me.

Vikas Dhar

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.
In addition to the Marshmallow features, Galaxy A7 and A5 (2016) also get enhanced TouchWiz UI features and Google's latest June security updates.
To update the software,
Make sure the device is sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
From the device home screen, pull down the notification shade and tap Settings.
Under the System category, tap About device.
Tap Software update > Check for updates.
Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs.

wp640xl

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy J7 2015 edition yesterday received marshmallow update and its fabulous. It's much more feature rich than A7 2015 marshmallow update. Samsung has ruined my a7 2015 with buggy update... Damn you, Samsung!!!

Anastasia1219

May 22, 2017
Visit site
I have just updated my phone to marshmallow. But i dont see any themes being added. Is it that other samsung phones have other themes that can be downloaded? Only A7 2015 doesnt have the themes to download is it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith