Is there a huge difference in speed between 2.4A and a 3A for Type-C fast charging purposes?

chris9000

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
AUKEY 16000mAh Portable Charger with Quick Charge 2.0 & USB-C Cable

Tronsmart Presto 12000mAh USB Type-C External Battery Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0

Deciding between these 2 power banks for my 6P. The Tronsmart bank seems to fare better on fakespot for having a lower likelihood of fake reviews and seems to support 3A/5V charging. The Aukey one has a higher capacity, but it's rated as supporting 2.4A/5V charging.

My concern is being able to run Youtube, maybe play Pokemon simultaneously without worrying about the phone draining the battery/bank faster than it can be charged.

Any thoughts? Is there a huge difference between 2.4A vs 3A? Will the Aukey's 2.4A charging be fast enough?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The Tronsmart is the only one with native USB-C support. The Aukey just gives you a micro to C cable. As for charging performance, you're obviously going to get a quicker charge from the native C brick. But that 2.4A rating is the best-case current and you may not be able to see that on your 6P... since it is not QC compliant (QC isn't compatible with the USB-C Power Delivery spec). As for AiPower, no idea what they is, what it needs to work and if it'd even function properly over a micro-C adapter cable.

I'd stick to the native USB-C charger.

chris9000

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The Tronsmart is the only one with native USB-C support. The Aukey just gives you a micro to C cable. As for charging performance, you're obviously going to get a quicker charge from the native C brick. But that 2.4A rating is the best-case current and you may not be able to see that on your 6P... since it is not QC compliant (QC isn't compatible with the USB-C Power Delivery spec). As for AiPower, no idea what they is, what it needs to work and if it'd even function properly over a micro-C adapter cable.

I'd stick to the native USB-C charger

Thanks for the explanation, guess I'll be sticking with the Trons.