No kickstand!

richardschris

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok anyone else upset that htc has decided to not put a kickstand on the new evo 3d?
I use the kickstand on my evo all the time, I love it!
I cant understand this decision, anyone have any ideas why they would do this?

dchunt24

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I really can't believe this either, it is REALLY a shame. One of the best features on the original Evo, gone... I'm really upset about this actually.

sethpcs

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I use my kickstand all the time as well, so I too am perturbed by its omission. I can only assume that the mechanism for the kickstand would take up too much space considering the dual cameras and such.

That said, I will gladly trade the kickstand for a dual-core, qHD, glasses-free 3D experience in a slightly taller, narrower, and thinner package!

aruth09

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
im gonna switch to this phone from my sprint pre that ive sense launch. cant wait to get the evo 3d. not comeing from an evo i dont see much use for the stand. did you find yourselves using it much?

richardschris

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
i use my stand every single day, nobody thought they would use it much when the evo first came out, but most folks will tell you that its very useful.
Im sure gonna miss it :(

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The missing kickstand will remain the most talk about topic on this device. Why would HTC or Sprint decided on not keeping the kickstand? I sure would love an answer to that... So, we could find out the real reason by asking Sprint.

aruth09

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing it boils down to thickness. They said the 3d has a 1730mAh battery I'm betting thats pretty thick in of its self.

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't really use my kickstand very much personally. Every now and then it comes in handy, but I would rather just not have another nook that I have to clean (I'm pretty OCD about cleaning my phone).

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
i use my stand every single day, nobody thought they would use it much when the evo first came out, but most folks will tell you that its very useful.
Im sure gonna miss it :(

Just like you I use the kickstand every single day!

And the location of the Micro USB port blows too!
Why couldn't HTC just leave it at the bottom of the phone?

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I too am disappointed in the current lack of an included kickstand, which was made "famous" by the original EVO.

I understand there is going to be a kickstand case, but I need to see how that turns out since I have the EVO only in the leather holster.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never actually used my kickstand, though I sympathize with those who will miss it.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Slingbox + Evo w/kickstand = love. I will miss it. Most of the time I use it is at work to watch ESPN and whatever, and I use it A LOT for this. However, I can get a dock for it. I use the kickstand to prop it up while I'm eating during lunch or waiting for my food at a restaurant, etc. and THAT I will miss.

I went to lunch with a co-worker today who has an iPhone and didn't know much about the Evo. What impressed him the most was the Flash player and.......you guessed it......the kickstand.

Now it's gone. Go figure. I wish it would have it, but I'm still buying it on launch day even if I have to be one of these losers I always laugh at for sleeping on the sidewalk to be able to get something on release day. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781