Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo 3D Stereo Sound Recording???

Did anyone else notice on the HTC website for the Evo 3D the quote:
    "A new and improved camera and full HD camcorder with zero shutter lag and stereo sound recording so you can always capture that timeless moment"

If this is true, and it does record STEREO sound at 1080p HD (2D) then I think this is a pretty big deal! I wonder why I hadn't heard that elsewhere?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Lets keep all upcoming device talk out of the evo section, as it really doesnt have anything to do with the evo.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Stereo recording on a device such as this is almost entirely a gimmick.

Think about it-- If there are two microphones, they certainly aren't all that far apart nor would they be of the sort of quality to pick up distinct recordings (unlike, say, two high-end professional mics located next to each other but pointing different directions).
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Lets keep all upcoming device talk out of the evo section, as it really doesnt have anything to do with the evo.
    Is there an Evo3D section yet? Just asking.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Is there an Evo3D section yet? Just asking.
    Stay tuned

edit - http://forum.androidcentral.com/evo-3d-4g/ there ya go
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hope this is true. That wil make this phone a good camcorder and worth taking video. I can't wait to take video that is worth taking. The kind were you can see and hear what's going on.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre - Evo 3D