Samsung galaxy s5 neo - notifications in status bar only?

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to disable the notification tiles on the lock screen, while still keeping notifications in the status bar?

im trying to get things working as closely as possible to my samsung captivate glide.

I like the idea of being able to see the notification at the top and read it if im on top of my phone... but i dont like the idea of the world being able to see messages if im not on top of my phone.

I know you can hide the content... but if im going to hide the content id rather just see a message icon on the status bar rather than a huge ugly tile.

i also hate that the screen lock doesnt work the same. on my older one, even if you pushed the power button, youd still have to swype to get into the phone. this one youre either still directly in the phone, or immediately having to re enter your security pattern. Someone didnt think that through very well... :/

UncleHappy

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello, are you on Android Lollipop 5.1.1? If you go to Settings > Sounds and notifications > Notifications on lock screen, you can select "Do not show notifications", which will disable lockscreen notifications completely. I have attached a screenshot from my device.

Attachments

• 1731.jpg
    1731.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 12

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Does that still allow notifications in the bar above though, or does it disable them completely?

I would still like the notifications... Just not so large and for all to see.

Even if there's an external app needed I'd use it Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams