Whats a good cheap Android phone?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a preferred carrier?

The Moto G and Moto E should suit your needs, but you have to be careful what carriers they're compatible (or not) with.

If you don't have a plan/carrier right now, you could look at the Nexus 5X on Fi, the 5X is $199 for a 16 GB model when you sign up for Fi. If USCC, T-Mobile or Sprint is strong in your area, Fi could work well for you, but you pay for whatever data you use. You could use it for a month to see how it works and then drop it if you decide it's not for you (but you can keep the phone).

anon(9419666)

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I think the Moto G4 is a great cheap phone, and is even cheaper to get the Amazon version. However it come with ads pre installed in the phone.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting my daughter a Moto G4 through Republic Wireless on a voice / text only plan. I don't have any first hand experience with it though.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a preferred carrier?

The Moto G and Moto E should suit your needs, but you have to be careful what carriers they're compatible (or not) with.

If you don't have a plan/carrier right now, you could look at the Nexus 5X on Fi, the 5X is $199 for a 16 GB model when you sign up for Fi. If USCC, T-Mobile or Sprint is strong in your area, Fi could work well for you, but you pay for whatever data you use. You could use it for a month to see how it works and then drop it if you decide it's not for you (but you can keep the phone).

I don't think the Moto E is compatible with Pokemon GO.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I too would recommend a Moto device, or an older Samsung Galaxy S series - a 5 or 4. Their cameras are still excellent, and they good display as well.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
again, it really depends on if you buy through carrier or unlocked, and what carrier you have. I live in EU, meaning everything is GSM and you can buy unlocked without fears of network incompatibility. My current phone is an unlocked Moto G 3rd gen, and I love it. Cheap, decent performance, looks nice.

The Moto G4 Play is basically the same phone with a few external changes, so it's also a good option. I have not tested Pokemon Go on mine though, and the AR might not be as smooth (AFAIK no giroscope) but it is listed as compatible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown