Best Tablet on the Market Today

TTownJoe

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm needing a new tablet, my 2nd gen Nexus 7 has gone kaput, my 1st gen is barely chugging along, and Amazon Fire (I won in a contest) is locked down to Amazon apps and I'm not sure if I want to hack and Googlify it yet. So what's the best tablet available today? I feel like the Nexus 9 isn't really worth it, and I already have a Samsung phone, don't really want to deal with Sammy bloat on a tablet if I can help it. So that doesn't leave very much. I like the nVidia, but how much longer is that even going to be supported?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the best tablets out there...aren't running Android. And though you mention not wanting Samsung anymore, that leaves out the actual top Android ones (Tab S and Tab S2). Other than that, the Shield is probably your best bet, and it IS getting decent support, just not the same bigger screen sizes.

step07

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To be honest there isn't much boatware on the Tab s2, well not mine anyway, maybe go for something like the nexus pixel c or something?

Posted via the Android Central App

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Depends on how much money you want to shell out. I didn't want to shell out a lot of money and I got the Lenovo tab2A10 tablet for $200. It's been a fantastic tablet for over a year now.

LindaFan

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately the best tablets out there...aren't running Android. And though you mention not wanting Samsung anymore, that leaves out the actual top Android ones (Tab S and Tab S2). Other than that, the Shield is probably your best bet, and it IS getting decent support, just not the same bigger screen sizes.

agree with you

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Nvidia is going to launch a new Shield Tablet in a week or two, rumors say. I would definitely buy that one.
I just got my first tablet (didn't feel the need), I won a 12 inch Chuwi Hi12 in a internet contest. It's great for the price (200 bucks), nice specs, great screen (the samsung one that is used on the Microsoft surface 3) and it has dual boot (Windows 10 and Android 5.1). Check it out, the reviews say you can't beat it for the price.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There's only one best tablet. The Pixel C. The new Shield Tablet was cancelled, the K1 doesn't cut it for 2016. If the Pixel C isn't an option, the only other choice is the iPad Pro.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It was canceled? That's bad news...

Yeah FCC doc a couple weeks ago, I'm not happy. Was really looking forward to an 8" 1440p X1 tablet. I mean I have the Pixel C, but it doesn't really feel like a .. gaming tablet, feels like a darn laptop sometimes.

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
My husband got an ASUS Zen S 8 tablet and after a day or two grumping/figuring out the 'unpure' Android he's happy with it . It runs Lollipop and won't be upgraded, if that matters.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
iPad Pro. Sorry, Android users but it's just better. There are far more tablet-friendly/only apps on iOS, it supports a real active stylus that works fantastically and the screen is just phenomenal. After using the N7 2013 since August 2013 and tablet support for Android apps is still nothing like what it is on iOS. Even if you use a lot of Google apps, they're all available on iOS and so you're not really missing out on Google services if you have a secondary device running iOS.

Now obviously comparing an old €250 tablet from 2013 to a much more expensive one is not fair - but you can apply the argument even for older/cheaper iPads regarding the amount of iPad apps available.

If you don't care about the stylus or the thousands of accessories you can get for an iPad then the Pixel C is the only Android tablet I would possibly consider getting, but since it's not available in my country I don't really see a good reason for even thinking about getting an Android tablet.

All of this is of course assuming you have the budget for it. If you want to go lower-end I don't really have any recommendations. I understand that Asus have a lot of decent budget tablets, but I may be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy