s7 looking for an app to clear cache and help with battery

Darnock

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm new here, and new to smart phones. Just looking for a few apps to help me delete useless data and give my battery a boost.

I'm new to apps, so if you know a good rpg or scifi game feel free to list it as well :)

thank you very much!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Cleaners apps are unnecessary and you can easily clear cache from the general settings. Cache files are not useless, they exist for a very good reason and make your phone run faster, smoother and save resources. Take a look here for more information.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=558872
[GUIDE] A bit of cache clearing

Also, those so called Battery/Memory boosters can do more harm than good. Let Android manage the RAM, it's quite good at it :)

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just let Android manage RAM, memory and battery without extra apps. It does a good job of all that on its own, and 3rd party process manager/boosters can interfere with the OS and make things worse. Every once in a while you may need to clear cache, but only do that if a particular app lags/drags, which can happen every once in a long while. Even then you may not need to do a system-wide cache sweep. Just target the specific app cache if at all possible. Every time you clear cache, the OS has to "rebuild" it... so the device can run slower, consume additional battery, run extra processes during the rebuilding.

Word of caution regarding Android, apps and games... they are not always what they appear to be. Many are malicious, probe-wear with the sole purpose of siphoning your personal usage data and feeding it back to the developer... that's how many "Free" apps generate $$$. Games are probably the worst offenders, especially the popular ones.

>Only download from Google app-store.
>Only download from known, reputable developers, from their URL.
>Monitor app permissions closely, terminate those that are not needed.
>Delete/uninstall or deactivate any un-necessary, non-essential carrier bloat apps that are consuming battery in the background.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair