Thoughts on Verizon's $20 data discount/promo and tiered data

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I never knew they had a 20$ discount. Learn something new every day.

I don't think they are going to be generous in the beginning of the LTE device launch. Verizon has the biggest and fastest 4G network in the United States and they are well aware of it. They will most likely use this as their marketing strategy until another competitor catches up.

I do believe they will offer packaged discounts but they will be very minor. They have a top notch marketing department and they will use that to their advantage (as they should). They will make a 5$ discount sound like your getting a huge chunk taken off your bill.

I remember when I worked at stop and shop a while back they would raise the prices on a bunch of products and then 2 weeks later they would drop them down to where they were. Then they would put up a sticker tag saying "Save 30%. Was $9.99. Now $6.66". Very sneaky but very effective as well.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the promo is gone and upgrading a phone takes it away. Even if you buy full retail.

That just happened to me.

I purchased my Thunderbolt at full retail and I still have my promotion included. I can't check it right now as their website is down, but I have that along with my 19% plan discount from my job and 20% data discount (which is irrelevant because of the $20 discount). Plus, Verizon even added Friends and Family to my account on a 450 minute plan and that's still active. I guess my point is nothing has changed for me.

Also, that $20 discount was originally stated to be a one year deal. Granted, I was told that it may be extended at the time I signed up, I feel that it's highly unlikely that we'll see that.

Naki

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If you call the 800 number that was on the e-mail that offered the deal you can get the promo added back to your account.

A few things I learned from the Rep at that number:
1)As long as you don't change your data plan or minutes the promo will stay.
2)If it is removed by some unknowing person calling back to the promo number will get someone who can put the promo back on.
3)A regular verizon rep cannot add the promo.
4) The promo ended in January so if you didn't have it before then you can't add it now.
5) The number is 1-877-873-3278

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12