£225 budget, which used phone?

j j6

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've got up to £225 to spend on an android phone, obviously I'm in the UK, and used seems to be the best option. I actually bought a note 4 which was excellent, however it developed a fault and I've sent it back, given it's been a few months I wondered if there might be a better used phone for me to get in my budget.

I had no problems with the note 4, but it was for a parent, they don't game at all and all that bothers them is getting a day's charge, decent internal memory (this goes for anyone) and that's about all. So if there are any other phones out there that tick those fairly easy boxes then I'd like to hear of them - just a quick note to say that they don't want something that's sluggish or laggy, so I'm not going to go for one of those super budget phones, but naturally if less can be spent that's fine.

Thanks all.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't like to mention names, but one phone comes to mind that can be had new for a two-figure price. Others come to mind that can be had new for one-hundred-and-something prices. All would meet your stated requirements. Your quest should be easy. :)

j j6

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't like to mention names, but one phone comes to mind that can be had new for a two-figure price. Others come to mind that can be had new for one-hundred-and-something prices. All would meet your stated requirements. Your quest should be easy. :)

Thanks, but why wouldn't you mention names? I'd appreciate it if you did.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've always been uncomfortable about recommending particular phones, or indeed advising against particular phones, because it seems to me to be unfair to the manufacturers and retailers. It's their job to persuade you to buy this or that product, is how I feel about it. I'm not trying to be unhelpful. Others here who are not so squeamish about such things will soon suggest something. :)