s7 or s7 edge

mikekimo

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
hello. im new to this forum so i hope this dont sound like a dumb question. a few years ago i got talked into switching to an i phone. now im switching back to what feels better. i want an s7 or an s7 edge. the only difference i can see it the size of the screen which is almost not noticeable, the battery size and then the price. lately i've been messing with the s7 edge but im having trouble using it because my hands keep touching the sides of the screen and im jumping from one thing to the next. i'd like to use the s7 edge and maybe a phone case would solve this issue. if not i'm going with the s7 just to save money. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
It really depends on your liking. The S7 edge has bigger screen and bigger battery. But if money is a problem, an S7 is ok. I liked the edge versions better. You'll get used to it soon. Go to a phone store and try both for yourself.

mikekimo

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the reply. a few others have told me that if you get a phone case for the edge that you wont have so many issues with your hands or fingers touching the screen.
take care

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If it was me making this choice, I would go for the Edge. I've played with my mom's S6 Edge a bunch of times and it's really smooth and wonderful. But that's personal bias working for me there haha.

I'd recommend watching lots of unboxing videos on YouTube, just to see what both phones entail. This may help you make a more informed decision.

Good luck deciding, and let us know what you choose!

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
It is almost impossible to find a good screen protector and forget tempered glass protectors for the Edge. The rounded edges causes issues. With that said the Edge has a bigger battery, birghter and bigger screen.

My Edge has done ok for two months without screen protection.

If your hard on phones get the non - Edge. If not, spend the extra for the Edge.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
While I prefer the look and feel of the edge, I worry about protection (I generally prefer the tempered glass protectors) and finding a decent case that doesn't add too much bulk.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I would go with the S7Edge. I had one as a loaner when I returned my Note 7. I thought that it was a superb device. I thought of keeping it, but I do use the S Pen on the Note, so I went back to it.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
S7

The edge has redundant features, it's a gimmick phone and subject to random edge touches. I know two with them and they are sorry they got them. Not a big sample size obviously and from the responses here a minority but the S7 felt way better in my hand when making the decision.

Dornakano

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
It depends on your choice if you like the bigger go for s7 edge but if you like the smaller go for s7.. But for me id rather go for the s7 since i still cant appreciate the importance of the edge display :)

grob9642

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
The consensus is pretty overwhelming for the Edge. Thanks for posting guys, I think I will follow your advice and get an Edge!

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, I could never make the s7 Edge work. I really enjoyed the display, but the lack of bezels on the side caused me to constantly activate things with my fingers holding the edge. In the end - it was a gorgeous design that just didn't fit my hands very well (maybe I have big hands...).

maizhaoiv

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
S7 for me, because the edge screen will easily make screen untouchable while you holding it and touched the edge screen by your hand at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835