Is it normal for my phone to get hot ?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello so I have what many will think is a stupid question but please bare with me. My current phone is a nexus 5 and I have had other Android phones S3,S4. I'm just wondering if its normal for my Nexus 5 to get pretty warm when using it and when charging and if it's bad for the phone . I remember my old galaxies behaving the same way . I installed gsam battery monitor and when doing some web browsing the phone will get.to about 100-104 degrees and when playing a game or watching youtube videos for a bit will jump the phone up to 110° which does feel pretty warm in the hand. Is this normal for phones or something to be alarmed about. Sometimes when performing lighter tasks other than watching video or playing an intensive games I will notice the phone get very warm also when just surfing the web or on various social media apps. Please don't beat me down too hard .

Thanks

Last edited:

JeanRuse

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
It's normal when the phone is quick charging or charging for an extended period. As for the lighter tasks, if you're using the phone for hours on end, it will inevitably get warmer. But if it's warm all of a sudden or quite quickly with a simple task, then that could be an indicator that something is amiss, or if the phone is getting older.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: To vasquez009: I agree with JeanRuse input all the phones get its
backCover quite 'Hot' if you used-For Long periods of time or play
games or videos..is like a TV set or a computer. But of course
if you detects an abnormal heat Be cautious and stay away
from the Note7's-Hehe just in case--: soo Noo worries..

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So it's normal for the phone to get up to 112° when playing a game for a while ..and about 110 when surfing the web / watching YouTube videos ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2