Would love to see more information on reviews about cell signal, not just cameras and features.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see more information on reviews about how well phones work as PHONES. It seems all reviews lately concentrate on cameras, screen quality, software, battery life, and that is all important information, but none of that matters if your cell signal and antenna quality is bad. It seems everyone has put less importance on what these things we carry around are first and foremost, they should operate reliably as a Phone. I've been trying out different, what I would call budget phones, Oneplus 3, and ZTE Axon 7, both were terrible as phones, poor to no signal, dropped calls, missed calls, text messages that never go through or come in, terrible signal strength, in true db strength, not bars. I'm back to using my unlocked Nexus 6, no more missed calls, dropped calls or having to constantly look to see if I have a signal. I understand reviewers can not test every phone on every network, but it would be nice to get some information on what network / carriers that they do have available to them. It seems nobody cares about the phone part of phones these days.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see more information on reviews about how well phones work as PHONES. It seems all reviews lately concentrate on cameras, screen quality, software, battery life, and that is all important information, but none of that matters if your cell signal and antenna quality is bad. It seems everyone has put less importance on what these things we carry around are first and foremost, they should operate reliably as a Phone. I've been trying out different, what I would call budget phones, Oneplus 3, and ZTE Axon 7, both were terrible as phones, poor to no signal, dropped calls, missed calls, text messages that never go through or come in, terrible signal strength, in true db strength, not bars. I'm back to using my unlocked Nexus 6, no more missed calls, dropped calls or having to constantly look to see if I have a signal. I understand reviewers can not test every phone on every network, but it would be nice to get some information on what network / carriers that they do have available to them. It seems nobody cares about the phone part of phones these days.

I agree.. I will be in a pickle in a year or two when it comes to upgrading time.. So this needs to be included in any review

My 6p gets better reception than any phone I have ever had in my area BTW.. I'm on AT&T in the Midwest..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12