What's the fastest performing Android phone now?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I really don't care about bells and whistles, I am trying to find out what are some of the fastest and powerful android phones are?
Is S7 or S7 Plus considered some of the fastest? How about Moto X?

The reason I am asking is because I am currently trying Android after using Blackberry for over 10 yrs. Maybe my phone Samsung J3 is a budget phone, but It's painful to see it switch apps, pause, load a part of email list, then other part, and switch apps to wait for that app to reload. It doesn't look like this is a phone issue, it feels almost like it's the way OS is working. It is not keeping those apps running in the background or something. Anyway, could you guys share some suggestions. I am not going to play 3D games or use it to render videos or run a server, I just need plain performance, no eye candy. What are good choices now?

Thanks in advance.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
From the some users, they would rank Samsung Galaxy S7 as the best preforming android phone and the rest are from LG and Sony Experia brand.

I had a bad experience with LG before, even though LG G2 (at the time when it was released as flagship, I bought it) had great specs, it felt like being held back by bad programming or design, it would stutter randomly, skip or hop frames, scrolling up and down even in Apps or Play Store felt like it was getting snagged every few frames. Think of it like a powerful computer running on virtual graphical memory, tearing, the video keeps moving by randomly skips frames. Ever since I decided not to get another LG. I really really really like Experia's design, they have truly beautiful hardware, but when it comes to convenience and user friendliness, I think Samsung beats them all hands down, things like "outdoor mode", how clever is that.

I've been considering S7 Edge, but are there others that do not cost $800?
Was there a big improvement over S6 Plus, RAM seems to be the same with a minimal increase to processor.

maizhaoiv

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Here's list from me:
Google Pixel and LG V20 (Thanks to new JIT compiler for Android 7.0)
For the others like Galaxy S7, OnePlus 3, Xperia XZ.

martiaan

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I really don't care about bells and whistles, I am trying to find out what are some of the fastest and powerful android phones are?
Is S7 or S7 Plus considered some of the fastest? How about Moto X?

The reason I am asking is because I am currently trying Android after using Blackberry for over 10 yrs. Maybe my phone Samsung J3 is a budget phone, but It's painful to see it switch apps, pause, load a part of email list, then other part, and switch apps to wait for that app to reload. It doesn't look like this is a phone issue, it feels almost like it's the way OS is working. It is not keeping those apps running in the background or something. Anyway, could you guys share some suggestions. I am not going to play 3D games or use it to render videos or run a server, I just need plain performance, no eye candy. What are good choices now?

Thanks in advance.

Try S7/Edge or Huawei P9/Plus.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not very well versed in specs and CPU's, etc, but based on what I've seen and heard around the forums here and out and about, I would say the Nexus 6P is a good contender. I've heard that the G5 is pretty fast and reliable for such things. I think user experience and specific device models also play a part in such déterminations - an LG G5 may be super fast for one, but a bit slower for the other based on a device-specific issue, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is, "your results may vary." :)

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, the flagship ones obvious, while Pixel looks OK, the only benefit seems to be the vanilla android, rest is negligible and that makes it too expensive for what it is., while Note 5 or Edge or Edge + or LG V series all give you additional features, things that are unique and might be extremely useful to some people.

You may want to consider:

ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.7-inch 6GB RAM 64GB storage Unlocked Dual SIM Cell Phone, US Warranty (ZS570KL-Glacier Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LQV1YU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5512347

or

ZTE Axon 7 unlocked smartphone,64GB Grey (US Warranty) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FUF1JK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5512347

I always passed on Asus because of Intel processor but looks like they finally stepped it up, but Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks is bad news.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think at this point, if you ask the reviewers out there I think they'll pick the Pixels in a rather unanimous fashion... pretty much every review starts with "this feels considerably faster than any Android device I've ever used".

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
How is Note 4 in terms of specs compared to Note 7 or Pixel? I can't tell by those processor numbering scheme anymore but is it considered really old and clunky by now, or is it still pretty powerful? At least it has 3GB RAM.

I really like the specs on that Asus, though, too bad it's not available for sale.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Given that the Pixel isn't in enough hands to get a good feel for the device, I would say either the S7 or the 6P.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Do not buy a phone that is not running Android 7. It's significantly "faster" than anything else.

That narrows your choices down the the Pixel, V20, Nexus 6P, or Nexus 5X. Motorola should soon have updated some of their phones to Android 7.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Do not buy a phone that is not running Android 7. It's significantly "faster" than anything else.

That narrows your choices down the the Pixel, V20, Nexus 6P, or Nexus 5X. Motorola should soon have updated some of their phones to Android 7.

Howdy,
Good point, thanks.
Google stopped selling Nexus devices, 5X seems reasonable enough at $280+Tax at Amazon 3rd party (no US Warranty), and I can't find too many other places selling it either.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Currently the one with the best UI performance is the Pixel but it didn't technically benchmark higher than other devices (not that I think it really matters).

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Currently the one with the best UI performance is the Pixel but it didn't technically benchmark higher than other devices (not that I think it really matters).
Benchmarks are as useful a tool to determine the quickest phone as horsepower is to determine the quickest car. You might have 500hp, but if your dragging 5000lbs of land yacht behind it....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey