Why haven't you switched to iPhone?

pixiedroid

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Some simple customization are not available in iPhone. I'm not too techy as other people here but I want to be able to position icons in my home screen the way I want it and I want my home screen clean. iPhone does not have an app drawer, just folders. i don't know why Apple resists even the very basic of customization.

And why does Apple hate file explorer (or in Apple speak, Finder)?

I have iMessage envy though. That can be partly solved though by owning an iPod touch or a Macbook. I have MBA and an iPod 4G. I iMessage some friends from there to their Apple accounts.

TBH, I don't get it when people say Android is too complicated. It only gets too complicated if you go past unlocking the System UI and Developer options...and delve into ROMs and rooting

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Some simple customization are not available in iPhone. I'm not too techy as other people here but I want to be able to position icons in my home screen the way I want it and I want my home screen clean. iPhone does not have an app drawer, just folders. i don't know why Apple resists even the very basic of customization.

And why does Apple hate file explorer (or in Apple speak, Finder)?

I have iMessage envy though. That can be partly solved though by owning an iPod touch or a Macbook. I have MBA and an iPod 4G. I iMessage some friends from there to their Apple accounts.

TBH, I don't get it when people say Android is too complicated. It only gets too complicated if you go past unlocking the System UI and Developer options...and delve into ROMs and rooting

I agree! I need to be able to place icons, widgets, etc where I please; and I like the ability to have an app drawer.

I too have iMessage envy. It's one of the best messaging platforms out there, IMO.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, my iPhone 7 opened it and played it, no problem.

Super

Sorry I've had 5 Iphones.
Went to a Samsung.
The samsung is the phone I like better.
Lke the operating system of the droid.
Except Samsung Pay.
Wished they gave you the opportunity to remove apps you don't like.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy using both operating systems. They both bring good things to the game. It's personal preference anyway. I like the options of each. I don't care for samsung much tho after having them awhile. Lol.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I enjoy using both operating systems. They both bring good things to the game. It's personal preference anyway. I like the options of each. I don't care for samsung much tho after having them awhile. Lol.

Good reason they make 2 different phones.
So people can have what they want.

I've had 5 Samsung phones.

Kinda hard to buy a new phone every year and have both a Iphone and a Samsung when your retired.

Got other things I like to do also.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Another retired guy, sweet! And cheers to retirement! But yeah we do have to watch our budgets for sure. I try to get my phone's to last a couple of years. That strategy works better when I can alternate devices every so often. Keeps me from getting bored and also keeps me from wanting the next thing. Most flagships these days have pretty much what other flagships have anyway. Some small inovations here and there so don't really see the need for yearly upgrades for me any more. Don't root and tweak like I used to. Mainly use it more as the tool it is these days. Keeps the old budget in a better place for sure. Cheers!

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Super

Sorry I've had 5 Iphones.
Went to a Samsung.
The samsung is the phone I like better.
Lke the operating system of the droid.
Except Samsung Pay.
Wished they gave you the opportunity to remove apps you don't like.

You do know that Samsung pay works on anything. I use it on the old style magnet card readers where you slide your card through. It's the only one that works like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke