Do you install Google Play Services?

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,one of my friend could not sign in Google Play today and someone suggested him to install Google Play Services on his watch,and then it would work again.
I have a stupid question what does this app do. Provide app updates?:confused:
Any replies are appreciate. Thanks.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It does provide app updates but also does a little more than that. Google Play Services should already be on your friends phone by default as part of the system. I believe it helps with browsing primarily Google search and Google Chrome, it also helps with Google Maps, connecting apps together or helping them communicate with one another, and might also have something to do with Google Play Games (A separate non pre-installed app). It's an essential part of Android to keep it running smooth and is NOT recommended to somehow uninstall or disable it as it should come pre-installed on about Every Android device. To fix the issue your friend is having try clearing the data and cache from the Google Play Store and Google Services Framework, then reboot. (Serrings > Apps > All Apps > then go to both Google Play Store and Google Service Framework and clear the Cache and data.) Hopefully that helps.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
It does provide app updates but also does a little more than that. Google Play Services should already be on your friends phone by default as part of the system. I believe it helps with browsing primarily Google search and Google Chrome, it also helps with Google Maps, connecting apps together or helping them communicate with one another, and might also have something to do with Google Play Games (A separate non pre-installed app). It's an essential part of Android to keep it running smooth and is NOT recommended to somehow uninstall or disable it as it should come pre-installed on about Every Android device. To fix the issue your friend is having try clearing the data and cache from the Google Play Store and Google Services Framework, then reboot. (Serrings > Apps > All Apps > then go to both Google Play Store and Google Service Framework and clear the Cache and data.) Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for your detailed explanation and the solution. I would tell him your solution. And although I don't find it is indispensable, I do notice app that relate to this service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463