2017 Smartphone Release Calendar

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It's always nice to start off the year with an idea of how things are going to look for the rest of the year! If I've left anything out be sure to shout at me in the comments below. I know i don't have everything :D haha

Additionally, as you can see I'm a professional graphic designer. lol
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 7.51.29 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.37.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.37.55 PM.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Good layout. Simple but still effective. I think the only thing I would suggest is having the same line dedicated to one OEM. Say line one is dedicated to Samsung. It will make skimming the chart a little easier, and probably help with designing it, as you can easily check if you have missed an OEM.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't see the Note 8 on there. It's coming out this year

It was there but i have changed things a little now as per @Golfdriver97 recommendations. :)

I'm definitely no where near a graphic designer so its the best i could do. haha

CaroDroid2

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Me too. I bought a second hand S6 to see if I could get to grips with it after converting from iPhone. I'm loving it and definitely have my eyes on something shiny and new.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I thought Huawei made Honor? No? Are Huawei and Honor different companies?

You are 100% correct Dimas :)

The reason i separated them is because some people see them as separate companies since they have different brand names. So it may look confusing to some people who see a Honor device in the Huawei column :)

Its kinda like Apple and Beats. Owned by the same company but its a different brand and some people may not know Apple 'own' (acquired) them.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there any news about Nokia launching their flagship models?

I've only heard reciently about the "Nokia P1". It's supposedly launching in 2 days time with a snapdragon 835, 128GB storage and 6GB RAM. But since the launch date is so close, we might as well ignore the rumours and just wait for official information now :D

Apparently they also relaunching the 3310. This is too funny haha.
I'm really rooting for Nokia. Would be awesome to have another brand in the market to spice things up. :)

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I've only heard reciently about the "Nokia P1". It's supposedly launching in 2 days time with a snapdragon 835, 128GB storage and 6GB RAM. But since the launch date is so close, we might as well ignore the rumours and just wait for official information now :D

Apparently they also relaunching the 3310. This is too funny haha.
I'm really rooting for Nokia. Would be awesome to have another brand in the market to spice things up. :)

I did not hear anything about the P1, but yeah got to know about Nokia 6, 5 and 3 along with Nokia 3310 revamp.
I did look up to it, but i think Nokia 3310 is a big disappointment. I expected it to keep the original hardware and design with a newer software and camera inclusion. Honestly, they ruined it. As far as the smartphones are concerned i think they are going to be a hit considering the price and features.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE THIS CHART THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - lol.

Edit: What the heck am I gonna do about upgrading when that fateful time comes.

Wallet: what about rent, saving up for your future, and maybe moving in with your boyfriend?

Me: But... PHONES! 😂

ChrisS9938

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Can we just go ahead and say the "Android Calendar" starts with Samsung releasing the new Galaxy S phone? If Snapdragon is going to allow Samsung to release the new SOC first, then every phone before is on last year's tech (Like the G6) and everyone after will have it. I don't necessarily think LG needs to move after Samsung into the summer crowd though. If they continue to release in February, they are literally the only thing being reviewed for a couple months. And they still get to drop the V model with the latest SOC in the fall. They could move to before Christmas, but then they are competing for press with Google Pixel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith