Google pixel or galaxy s7 edge

asommers

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Looking to get a new phone soon, which one should I get? S7 Edge or Google Pixel.

Not getting the S8 will probably be to expensive plus not a fan of that finger print sensor placement. Anyways I will probably have this phone for a year or so, so will both phones be getting android 8.0 when it comes out? Currently use Moto Z, not a fan of it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The S7 will probably not get Android 8.0, but we won't know until we find out how Google is holding OEM's accountable for seamless updates, etc. If it does get it, we'd most likely be looking at end of Q1 or beginning of Q2 2018. The Pixel will obviously get the update the day it releases.

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's down to what you're looking for. Both are amongst the best android devices you can buy now. S7 Edge is a good choice if you don't mind something older (probably cheaper now too), and want something water resistant. Pixel is good if you want that smooth near stock android experience, Google Assistant, and fast software update.

Pixel will definitely be getting android 8.0, and will probably be one of the first few devices to do so. S7 Edge might get Android 8.0 (since it seems S6 might get Nougat), but your guess is as good as mine. Even if the update does come, it'll definitely be a lot later than the Pixel.

Honestly it's really hard to choose between the 2 for me since they both have their pros and cons, but i'll probably go with the Pixel for that software experience. So you'll have to see what's more important for you and decide which is the better option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa