Would you buy a refurbished Note 7?

Goldfinger321

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7

I understand Samsung may start selling refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with a smaller battery in India and some other countries.
Would anyone here buy one and what would be the most you would pay for it?

Any chance of them selling in the USA?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 7

No, $1, No.

This is literally the worst phone of 2016 and we're a month or so away from the S8 which seems to knock it out of its socks from what we know so far. Bad phone can stay gone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Put a safe battery in it and sell it through VZW with a warranty at a low price and I would try it. It had a great camera. I'm talking really cheap though like their second tier phones. Even with a 2800 mAh battery they would sell every one if inexpensive and no longer dangerous.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

The rumor came out back in Nov./Dec. that this was going to happen and was debunked. I have a feeling it's still not happening and there are some less than trustworthy sources reporting it again.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The rumor came out back in Nov./Dec. that this was going to happen and was debunked. I have a feeling it's still not happening and there are some less than trustworthy sources reporting it again.

Nope; all the recent articles are using the same untrustworthy source. It had me concerned that it was being re-reported without any independent verification.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

After going through hell and beyond to keep mine and finally forking it over only after they were about to brick the damn thing, no. I'll just wait for the N8. Although it was absolutely nothing wrong with my N7. 🙄

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

You forgot to say "Absolutely... won't"

(of course that kind of statement just bites us in the... 'cuz then Samsung would... nah!)

And then it happened. Lol. Samsung announced today they are going to start selling refurbished note 7s. Lol

Maybe not in the US, no one knows yet but they are going to start selling them.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

And then it happened. Lol. Samsung announced today they are going to start selling refurbished note 7s. Lol

Maybe not in the US, no one knows yet but they are going to start selling them.

They might reconsider. Most regulators will say no, people still won't be able to fly with them and if even 1 catches fire, that's some sad news.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I read a long time ago they were going to sell the "refurbs" to countries who had never had them in the first place. That made sense I guess. If they were never sold there, they were never outlawed there... so? I think (?) it was Vietnam and a few others that had never had them in their market when they were first introduced!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Just saw this on "The Verge":

Samsung stated: "The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact. The product details including the name, technical specification and price range will be announced when the device is available. Samsung will NOT be offering refurbished Galaxy Note 7 devices for rent or sale in the US."

Last edited:

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

So if they offer it in the US, what will they do for previous Note 7 owners? Are we SOL? That would be a bad deal and leave a sour taste in my mouth. I loved that phone.