When it's time to skip a year

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an addiction. Not to drugs or alcohol or anything like that. I'm a smartphone addict. In the past 12 months, I've had the LG v10, samsung galaxy s6 edge, galaxy S7 EDGE, axon7 mini, axon7 ,and googles pixel. Truth be told, keep in mind I'm a big audiofile, so music reproduction means a whole lot to me and has a considerable percentage in my choosing of a phone. Before the v10 came out, not much consideration was given to audio playback. As long as you could play mp3s, you were happy. Well things have changed in the music world. High resolution music is getting stronger every month. Some people won't be able to tell the difference, but aficionados certainly will. That's the reason I bought the ZTE axon 7 mini. To try out their incredible hifi dac and dolby atmos system. It floored me. The v10 was supposed to have a hifi dac, but I couldn't tell th difference. So out of all the phones I bought, the 2 that I kept were the galaxy S7 EDGE, and the ZTE axon 7 which turned out to be my daily driver. So why am I skipping a year? Simple. The only phone being introduced that has a hifi dac is the lg G6. However, it will not be on the USA version. Figure that one out. But even if you it were, it wouldn't compare to the A7 with its added dolby atmos. So there you have it. The axon7 is what I'll keep another year.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I have an addiction. Not to drugs or alcohol or anything like that. I'm a smartphone addict. In the past 12 months, I've had the LG v10, samsung galaxy s6 edge, galaxy S7 EDGE, axon7 mini, axon7 ,and googles pixel. Truth be told, keep in mind I'm a big audiofile, so music reproduction means a whole lot to me and has a considerable percentage in my choosing of a phone. Before the v10 came out, not much consideration was given to audio playback. As long as you could play mp3s, you were happy. Well things have changed in the music world. High resolution music is getting stronger every month. Some people won't be able to tell the difference, but aficionados certainly will. That's the reason I bought the ZTE axon 7 mini. To try out their incredible hifi dac and dolby atmos system. It floored me. The v10 was supposed to have a hifi dac, but I couldn't tell th difference. So out of all the phones I bought, the 2 that I kept were the galaxy S7 EDGE, and the ZTE axon 7 which turned out to be my daily driver. So why am I skipping a year? Simple. The only phone being introduced that has a hifi dac is the lg G6. However, it will not be on the USA version. Figure that one out. But even if you it were, it wouldn't compare to the A7 with its added dolby atmos. So there you have it. The axon7 is what I'll keep another year.

The axon 7 is a great phone. I had a few things I didn't like but overall for the price and performance, you can't beat it. Plus... It still has a headphone jack and 24bit audio is the bomb. I, like you, also have a phone problem. I'm hoping to be content with the Moto Z I just picked up. I opted for it over the Axon 7.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I figure a smartphone addiction is better than drugs or alcohol -- my wife recognizes this and just rolls her eyes when I get a new phone.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your Axon 7, it is a beast. :D

I'm keeping my Galaxy S7 Edge for 2017, I am incredibly happy with it and just plan on getting it another case. I'm mainly keeping it for the Battery Life (thanks to huge battery and frugal Exynos 8890 SoC), Display, Camera, IP68 Water and Dust Resistance and Compact Design. I also prefer the Fingerprint scanner on the front and it seems the S8 is moving away from that.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy your Axon 7, it is a beast. :D

I'm keeping my Galaxy S7 Edge for 2017, I am incredibly happy with it and just plan on getting it another case. .

I have the S7 regular and I'm totally happy with it too, there's nothing out there that is going to get me to purchase this year, might not be next year either. It's a solid phone and I think phones in general are in a bit of a rut with only small marginal improvements. I too purchased a new case and took the screen protector off so I can feel the smooth glass again.

thefriz151

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, sounds excessive to me, but that's coming from a guy that just upgraded from an s3 to an s5 in the last year. I plan to upgrade to the s7 when the s9 comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech