A question to all reviewers out there (looking at you AC team!)

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
After every phone comes out, there's generally a flood of praise (unless the phone is really bad like the HTC U Ultra). But you reviewers have favourite phones, skin (TouchWiz, Sense, stock, etc), etc.

For instance, the S8 has been receiving love from all sides. But do any reviewers actually use it as a daily driver? My impression is that they're almost all using the Pixel.

So reviewers, what are your daily drivers? What is your favourite skin?

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
One thing about reviews that irks me is that these phones get tested for a week and then showered with praise.
No one really pushes it to their limit to find the flaws.
The phone is buttery smooth, amazingly fluid, etc.
But those who buy the phone and use it for a couple of months after installing dozens of apps and filling up the storage and then the phone starts to slow down, lag, and stutter and then the phone's actual day to day performance is revealed.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
One thing about reviews that irks me is that these phones get tested for a week and then showered with praise.
No one really pushes it to their limit to find the flaws.
The phone is buttery smooth, amazingly fluid, etc.
But those who buy the phone and use it for a couple of months after installing dozens of apps and filling up the storage and then the phone starts to slow down, lag, and stutter and then the phone's actual day to day performance is revealed.

Well to be fair, more and more are doing "6 months later" or "a year later" reviews.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I really haven't done much in the way of phone reviews yet, however my daily driver is an iPhone 7 Plus. iOS just works best for me and my needs. I do love all the mobile OS's though. I currently have a Moto G5 Plus as a side device to use on wifi only right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa