Happy 7th Android Birthday to me!!!

Dame95

Sep 1, 2010
www.OmenDesigns.com
Thanks to FB Memories, I am reminded that today marks 7 years ago today that I joined the Android (and Smart Phone) family and NEVER looked back or elsewhere- as I posted my excitement of moving from the LG Dare (was that considered a smart phone?!) to the Droid Incredible!
I can still remember the "eye" bootup of the phone... ah memories....
I really wanted the Nexus One, but alas, it never came to Verizon.
In any event - here we are: 7 Years and 10 OS builds later... Thank you, Android & Google.

I hope some of you have the same fond recollections! Have a great day!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! My first Android was also a Droid (the first MotoDroid from Verizon). I wanted it for the physical keyboard (came from BlackBerry) but it was a horrible experience. The software and customization, however, were enough to keep me hooked to this day.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I joined the Android family in 2012 with a crappy low end phone because Android was all the rage back then.
With just 256mb of ram and 190mb of internal storage, it was a miserable experience.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
For me it was early 2014 and the superb Nexus 5, then on 4.4.2, that I'm using right now. :)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Wow 7 years :)

That's a pretty long time. I guess I've been lucky? Or maybe you can look at it as I've missed out on seeing the progress of Android over the years. My first Android device is the one I own now, running 6.0.1.

Hopefully I can make a thread like this in 7 years time and say it all started with 'M' and now we on 'T' with 'U' on the way! :D

It's amazing how much you can learn in these forums in a short amount of time. Would have been really cool to own a device today that ran say 'Froyo' or something. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC