Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Default Google Music is Live!

...ish.

http://music.google.com/music/

Signed up, currently waiting for my invite. Who's checking this out?
    Thanked by 2:
    wernd 

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Just requested my invite as well - we'll see how things go when it comes

So the question is who will get their beta invite first. I WANT MINE.
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Thanks, just signed up!

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Please report when you get the invitation.

Just requested an invite. So how much storage? I read enough for 20,000 songs and unlimited. Also a little worried that it says free for a limited time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Just requested an invite. So how much storage? I read enough for 20,000 songs and unlimited. Also a little worried that it says free for a limited time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I would speculate that after the beta is over, it'll be the same as Amazon. Free for a limited amount of space, and cost $$ for additional storage.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I just signed up for an invite, too (however paradoxical). I agree the "free for a limited time" thing is a bummer...and probably not in their best interest, in the long run.

Edit: @ralphy's probably right. I'm ok with that model.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

just signed up...waiting to get the invite
    Rem

ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

On the wait list! Curious to see how this will hold up against Amazon's Cloud Drive.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2/4.0.3

Requested my invite too. Unless Google implements a strategy similar to Amazon where they add newly-purchased songs without counting against whatever storage tiers/caps they impose, I don't see how this could win out though...unless additional storage is dirt cheap.

They needa bake it into the stock Android player on future releases. Makes life easier

Anyone know if protected music can be added?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

need to start ripping my music again. been putting it off for a while now

I bet we are going to need to start a pay it forward invite system quickly so we can all get in.

Wish the beta was open to non-Americans as well...

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Google already offers online storage, in addition to the free amounts given to you as part of their multiple offerings. I upgraded to a 20 gig cap for photos, which is spread across all my Google accounts (Picasa, gmail, etc). Hopefully music will be included in this since the pricing tiers are reasonable, imo.

I just requested my invite...but what is the invite even for? and is there only a limited number of people who will get it?
    Last edited by rocketry876; 05-10-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by rocketry876 View Post
    I just requested my invite...but what is the invite even for? and is there only a limited number of people who will get it?
    The invite is to get the service before it opens to the public. Since it's still in Beta it will only be released to a specified number of people, who in turn may be given invites to hand out. Almost all of Google's products are like this - including Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    The invite is to get the service before it opens to the public. Since it's still in Beta it will only be released to a specified number of people, who in turn may be given invites to hand out. Almost all of Google's products are like this - including Gmail
    So were basically "bug testing" it before the public gets it? Sorry for my newbieness...I never have gotten this invite stuff

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbean v1.0

Has anyone thought that the player for this was kinda laggy?

sent for my fantastic thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Yup. In my experience, any beta services Google puts out there works like this. Usually by the time it's no longer in beta, anybody who's been looking to get the service has already got it.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by rocketry876 View Post
    So were basically "bug testing" it before the public gets it? Sorry for my newbieness...I never have gotten this invite stuff
    In a nutshell, yep, that's what you're doing when you get into a beta.

It's also used to control the initial load of traffic, so they don't have millions of people all trying to upload all their mp3s at the same time. They'll send out invites in batches over time.
    - George Carlin

So being a xoom user I was able to get access to the beta, and from the initial hands on, the apps seems to work very well, the only drawback currently is that it does take some time to upload (currently at 975 of 9000 songs), but playback is great. I've already replaced my Ipod that I use in my car with my droid x.

Quote Originally Posted by pnguyenc View Post
    So being a xoom user I was able to get access to the beta, and from the initial hands on, the apps seems to work very well, the only drawback currently is that it does take some time to upload (currently at 975 of 9000 songs), but playback is great. I've already replaced my Ipod that I use in my car with my droid x.
    With BeyondPod and this I would be able to get rid of my iPod as well... I hope I get into the beta even though I am a new Droid owner. I just hope AllTel/Verizon doesn't add a data usage limit then.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast