Ice Cream Sandwich

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's Coming!

1_mono-lake-blue.jpg

1. The background image is the original wallpaper for the G1
  2. The G1 is the first android phone so it gets the "one ring to rule them all"
  3. The Droid is/was one of the most popular android offerings so it gets the "One ring to find them (users)"
  4. The other phone is a leaked photo of an ice cream sandwich phone, and because ice cream sandwich will bring all the features of the tablet and smartphone versions together, it gets the "One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

P.S. sorry if i misused the LOTR quote

Last edited:

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Since it is for a phone it should look the same since it is the OS. HTC Sense will look different probably

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that Google is changing not just the capability of the OS and how it deals with software/hardware, but the user interface as well. The rumors are that Ice Cream Sandwich is going to use software buttons like Honeycomb so I would expect larger screens to accommodate these buttons that we are familiar with but layered on the screen.

I am assuming that we are going to see more 4.3-4.5" screens that are edge to edge with the bezel, in addition to more streamlined body designs due to the lack of physical buttons. For all of us that root and mod our phones I am sure that they will keep the power button and volume rocker so we can use the likes of clockworkmod and other recovery utilities.

But in addition to all of that I believe they are going to try to take a fresh approach to notifications and the notification bar. Instead of a drop down screen we could see some type of holographic or transparent overlay that can be pulled up with a swype gesture or by touching a software button that is visible from all programs.

How they will tackle this in regards to full-screen games/content I am unsure, but I believe they will have to put certain standards and protocols in place as to where to access menus and such so that users don't have the same confusion that they have with Honeycomb.

As far as hardware support Google has already rolled out app compatibility support on the official market so if they offer the upgrade or if there is a port of the OS from ROM developers you should be able to tell if you are going to be screwed or not. But keep in mind that Android years are shorter than dog years and a two year contract is a long time to wait for an upgrade. I would look at memory (RAM) as the most important buying decision in future-proofing myself to get ICS as everything including buttons are software driven and live in the momory...

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is before they unreveiled their ICS logo I made one myself and it looks very similar theirs just has a wrapper on it.

See here :O I demand 1 million dollars cash Google!

ICS

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope not. I love physical buttons, putting them on a phone screen would just feel cramped.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

That won't be a problem as the added space of removing those physical buttons will make the screen even larger in a smaller footprint.

mikeisnowonfire

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope they don't go blue. I love the color scheme of Android. But I am hoping to see some improvements with the core apps and some speed and battery bumps hopefully.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21