Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
IceCreamSandwich.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
There's no way Google would make it incompatible. Imagine the crapstorm they would get from people.

Never thought of it like that, sorry I am only worrying because it's only 1GHZ and I bought this phone for the updates, and now with dual core, it's threatening.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Never thought of it like that, sorry I am only worrying because it's only 1GHZ and I bought this phone for the updates, and now with dual core, it's threatening.

The Hummingbird is as close to dual core as single cores get. At this point, the second core only really helps with high end games and video, and making things a little more snappy. I'm sure the OS itself will run just as well on one core, the issue comes up with the new games and CPU-intrusive apps that will probably be coming.

Reactions: Jalarm

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
With the news about phones being supported for 18 months or whatever, it would be very contradictory and ironic if Google dropped support for the Nexus S/ updated it slowly for ICS. But hey, crazier things have happened.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hummingbird is as close to dual core as single cores get. At this point, the second core only really helps with high end games and video, and making things a little more snappy. I'm sure the OS itself will run just as well on one core, the issue comes up with the new games and CPU-intrusive apps that will probably be coming.

Well, the second core also helps with things like rendering web pages, etc., because one core can do one thing, and the other can do something else. It isn't a HUGE difference, but its noticeable.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh and for what Ice Cream Sandwich will look like, I can see a lot of blue, like honeycomb.

Yup. That's what they meant with the 'holographic interface' comment. It's going to get a lot of blue, and a lot of HC's 'Tron' design.

I did sort of like that tablet and phone OSes were separated by colors (HC was blue, phones were green/orange) but if the phone version gets HC's better points its not a big deal.

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I personally think they will release a new Nexus device. Even though the N1 had 2.1 then 2.2, then a new device was released for 2.3. So maybe the NS will receive ICS then a new device for the following? Either way, I'll wait till Q4 to see if one comes out or not, if so, i'll jump on it, if not ill jump on an NS, if still available then...which i hope it would be :-\

Soda

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Honeycomb's UI aesthetically. I do not like the Tron holographic design, it looks novelty and I hope Google doesn't completely scrap the Froyo/Gingerbread look.

A mix between the two (sandwiched together :3) wouldn't be so bad. I can't imagine what it'd look like though.