Google IO Giveaway Lackluster

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else thought Google IO 2011 giveaways kinda sucked in comparison to last year? It just didn't seem to fit with all the announcments. In my opinion they should have given away a Google TV with the Tablet to utilize the new features of Honeycomb 3.1. Who really cares about the MIFI device? You're gonna use it for 3 months then just go back to staying around wifi or tethering. Just my two cents.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
A Chromebook and a Samsung tablet (special edition) sounds like pretty sweet giveaways to me. The mifi was just a little extra.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Didn't they give away a Xeperia play also?
I would have loved to get the swag and I wouldn't have put it on ebay!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The tab seemed good to me. It also works to their advantage of people start developing specifically for the tablet too.

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
If I were Google I would just give away money to devs. They are rich enough now to just buy marketshare. Every dollar they spend now is going to be worth $10 in 5 months.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The tablet was great you get an awesome limited edition tablet that wont be out for a month just for attending? hell they dont have to give anything away so that is awesome to me! yea most people wont use the mifi after the 3 months but so what?

i wish i was able to be there!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams