HTC or Motorola- preferred manufacturer?

What manufacturer do you prefer when it comes to your next smart phone.

• Total voters

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If HTC would start putting Motorola radios in their phones, it would be heaven!!

+1

Completely agree. I had the moto droid but retired it from active service and most of last year carried around a variety of other branded phones but when I got the D2G back in Feb I think it is I remembered how completely superior the radio and speaker is on a moto device. Soooo much better than my DInc, the Fascinate (and yes the TBolt which I have picked up since).

NOTE: I carry around more than one device most of the time

element526

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
MotoNO!

After my experiences with two Atrixs I will never again own another Moto. The build quality was good, but when you get two new phones and both get a connectivity symbol of red circle slash there is a problem. I switched to the Infuse and where Moto said I had no signal at all I now get 3-4 bars. Go figure.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL@ this not even being a close race. VZW needs to get off moto's nuts and ay more attention to where the superior devices come from I.E. HTC and Samsung

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I went with Motorola. I don't care for Blur or Sense since I think they are both bloated and uneeded. I like Motorola's build quality better. HTC can never seem to produce a phone with a big enough battery to get through a day and they just don't give enough internal memory for app storage either. Putting all that together and I would pick Motorola. I have a Droid X now but I will be buying a Samzunf next since they are friendly to custom roms and Motorola can shoventheir loc/ked bootloaders up their a$$.

bobbiac

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
moto has better hardware. good build quality as stated, tho the Atrix accessories leave room for improvement.

htc has damn good software. they are also more innovative and willing to take risks. easy to root doesn't hurt AT ALL.

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
this is a tough one for me because I swore by htc until I wanted a physical keyboard again BUT as it usually goes for me, my htc ego shift started to Oreo on me and I was too fed up with ALL slider phones. I bought the Moto XPRT and have not been disappointed! not sure why all the hate on blur, I love the widgets, but HTC's software overall is better but the slight edge goes to Motorola, just for the simple fact to be willing to make a candybar full qwerty phone (my new favorite form factor now!), but only by a hair!

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Htc (Incredible Evo Sensation) by far... I've had Motorola devices (Droid x Droid) and its no contest sense is so much better than blur

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
+1

Completely agree. I had the moto droid but retired it from active service and most of last year carried around a variety of other branded phones but when I got the D2G back in Feb I think it is I remembered how completely superior the radio and speaker is on a moto device. Soooo much better than my DInc, the Fascinate (and yes the TBolt which I have picked up since).

NOTE: I carry around more than one device most of the time

I agree that Moto's radios are awesome especially when compared against Apple devices (that my friends have) I get wifi signals in tons of places where they get blank screens.

LilBompie17

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If its not made by HTC it doesn't make SENSE!!! lol just kinding... to me Android is Android i don't specifically prefer a manufacter i would just want a phone over another if its specs are good and if it got a great review software issues such as UI skin lag *cough*Motoblur*cough* i could easily live with because i could just install a launcher, i had a SLOOOWWW G1 for almost 2 years now and i could just root it after warranty. HTC and Motorola both make premium good looking phones!!!:D

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have to go with HTC.. Their devices look better then motorolla and the software is miles ahead of everyone else... I do notice however that htc will digress in some situations.. Which is bad.. The speaker on my evo 4g great, speaker on my evo 3d is flat out weak!

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Motorola..reception and battery life. My biggest things when it comes to a phone. Everything else is 2nd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995