I'm looking for this..

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
a HTC preferred Android 2.1 phone with a physical keyboard and otherwise touchscreen interface for Verizon Wireless with a small form factor - for example the Eris or Incredible but obviously they are missing the hardware keyboard.

If not anything now what about in the future?

The Moto Droid is not a small form factor

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest asking Verizon and HTC. They would know far better than anybody else. Send a tweet to @htc and @vzwoffers so they know that you are looking.

I believe that the Devour is expecting an upgrade by the summer, so perhaps that's your device?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Honestly, I dont think you will find that on Verizon. The draw to the Droid is the large screen and physical keyboard. The smaller form factors dont have keyboards, so they can keep that smaller design.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
a HTC preferred Android 2.1 phone with a physical keyboard and otherwise touchscreen interface for Verizon Wireless with a small form factor - for example the Eris or Incredible but obviously they are missing the hardware keyboard.

If not anything now what about in the future?

The Moto Droid is not a small form factor

There's nothing like that in the rumor mill, that I'm aware of.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If thats the type of cell you are waiting for, I fear you may be waiting a long time. From what I have seen from companies recently, it doesn't appear anyone is heading in that direction at the moment. Which sucks, cuz I'd be right there with you wanting a device like that. Unfortunately I just don't think anything is coming soon like that. Thats why I eventually ended up with the Samsung Moment, since I didn't see anything being developed with a physical keyboard that really caught my eye. It seems most of the top level phones that we all know of so far, that it is hard to find a physical keyboard for the high end ones at all.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat, I am with Sprint and i would love to see a small form factor phone like the HTC hero but with a physical keyboard. I know that we have the moment but its a tank, the Hero has a nice feel and weight to it. Rumor has it that Sprint will have a bunch of new android devices so we will see in the future.

JMusic

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I have hope for the Nexus Two...

The hardware keyboard (and the price of Verizon's service compared to Sprint) was what made the Samsung Moment the best choice for me.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
OK fine not such a small form factor but the Moto Droid is HUGE

Its not much bigger than the iPhone or Nexus One. In fact, they're about the same height. Droid's only heavy because of the keyboard and the metal casing which prevents it from breaking easily.