Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ANDROID__JUNKIE's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS Upgrade

    Default Android: Stop the flow of "haterade"

    So I regularly do a google news search of android to keep up to date, in addition to visiting sites like Android Central. In the last few weeks I have noticed an increasingly critical view of Android from the major news outlets and non-Android centric sites.

    I understand the arguments of those stating that there is too much fragmentation inside the Android devices and manufacturer interference can add to the confusion. I also understand that a lot of these sites are pro Apple or pro Blackberry but why does it seem that there are so many that feel the need to bash Android? Are they intimidated or do they have legitimate complaints about the problems with Android?

    I am a geek and could be considered an Android fanboy but I really want some insight on this as I don't believe what I am hearing and reading. Any positive feedback related to unifying the platform or ideas to reduce the learning curve, let alone the device to device differences, would be appreciated.

    PS- Please don't bag on other brands and make this a childish rant about how much the other guys suck. Lets make this an Android self inventory...
    rabernet, mackdoober and Bolt like this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    I think that it is more of a fear than anything else really. Blackberry is starting to hit the back burner and I would say that iOS is starting to get stale. I think that Android is the best platform out there but I also think there needs to be a lot of fixes, and it will continue to grow as a platform.
    Excellence is the only standard
  3. #3  
    Mtn_Scott's Avatar
    Remain Calm!

    Posts
    204 Posts
    ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

    Default

    Do you have any examples (links) of this hate. I never seem to notice.
  4. #4  
    zak
    zak is offline
    zak's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default

    How do I say, I don't have to pay for Angry Birds without that being a slight against another platform that you have to pay for it on?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ANDROID__JUNKIE's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS Upgrade

    Default

    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1333&bih=629


    I do this frequently... as of right now the top five articles are singing the "fall" of Android
  6. #6  
    kalex's Avatar

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

    Default

    Yep I can vouch for that. I have MacPro, Ipad2 and macbook air but my phone is Nexus S 4G and i frequent macrumors site. Every time I read those threads I just laugh, they are filled with so much idiotic comments about how android is garbage, fragmented, blah blah blah and how ios is a gift from god. I tried to defend it few times but its pointless so I just read and laugh. It seems as its either apple or nothing else
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    ANDROID__JUNKIE's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS Upgrade

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    How do I say, I don't have to pay for Angry Birds without that being a slight against another platform that you have to pay for it on?
    I agree that quality games for free with minimally invasive ads are a nice thing to have. The usual Apple response is that Android users are cheap and don't want to invest in a platform that they don't plan on keeping. I have probably dropped 50 bucks in productivity/entertainment apps to get more functionality...
  8. #8  
    blaqbird's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Unrooted for now.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ANDROID__JUNKIE View Post
    So I regularly do a google news search of android to keep up to date, in addition to visiting sites like Android Central. In the last few weeks I have noticed an increasingly critical view of Android from the major news outlets and non-Android centric sites.

    I understand the arguments of those stating that there is too much fragmentation inside the Android devices and manufacturer interference can add to the confusion. I also understand that a lot of these sites are pro Apple or pro Blackberry but why does it seem that there are so many that feel the need to bash Android? Are they intimidated or do they have legitimate complaints about the problems with Android?

    I am a geek and could be considered an Android fanboy but I really want some insight on this as I don't believe what I am hearing and reading. Any positive feedback related to unifying the platform or ideas to reduce the learning curve, let alone the device to device differences, would be appreciated.

    PS- Please don't bag on other brands and make this a childish rant about how much the other guys suck. Lets make this an Android self inventory...
    In all honesty they have a legitimate complaint. It's not about what site is pro this or pro that or anti anything. I think Android is a great OS and even so called Pro Apple site, Engadget thinks its a great OS. The issue is the manufacturers and in some cases the carriers that are making a great OS not so great.

    Think about it, the Nexus series of phones are essential the best phones available not because of the hardware (super nerds would argue in favor of dual care or whatever gimmick is available) but because it's essentially untainted. There are no issues with fragmentation because updates come directly from Google and there are no worries about these manufacturers trying to differentiate themselves with software like Sense or Touchwiz, it's just the hardware. Outside of that, manufacturers feel the need to throw on their own iteration of android which can either improve or weaken the OS. The biggest issue is that manufacturers don't update their phones in a timely manner. They tend to hold off as long as possible to boost sales on the newer products or to get their own software on a device. Average consumers may or may not care, but we superusers care very much about that.

    Finally there's the carriers. Some (verizon) feel the need to pollute Android phones with their crapware when it's not even necessary. Whether or not you like Appple, they were smart in making their products crapware free and still managed to get big sales.

    Honestly Google needs to get control of the way these manufacturers and carriers are polluting Android. Find a way to get updates out better. Allow manufacturer software to be turned off. Not integrated into the system to the point where its more of a parasite than an addon. Either that or do what they did with sprint and slap a Nexus phone on a carrier.


    SN: Android is like a glass of water. It's good on its own. The carriers/manufacturers are like that annoying waiter that insists you need a lemon in your water and puts it in your glass whether you want it or not.
    Last edited by blaqbird; 06-23-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar and spelling.
    Thanked by 4:
    Nirvana328 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default

    I regularly brows both Android Central and Crackberry. I don't browse any iPhone sites simply because I don't see myself purchasing or using an iPhone (from what I've read and heard its locked down pretty tight. And I don't like being tied that heavily to iTunes). I like BB but I'll admit that its my only experience with a smartphone. However, I'm interested in checking out Android when its time for an upgrade in a few months.

    Both sites have their haters. Some BB fans hate on both iPhone and Android. Some just on one or the other. I've seen similar bashing on this site.

    The fact of the matter is there is no PERFECT smartphone. Even if there was a PERFECT smartphone for you doesn't mean it will be PERFECT for me. Which is why choice is such a good thing and consumers drive the market by their choice.

    Of course human nature being what it is, anything that is different from what we like or think is normal is immediately suspect or even considered a threat... and this is where the bashing aka haterade comes in.
  10. #10  
    wingzero_0's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zero System( no ROM)

    Default

    I've noticed the same amount of trash talking lately as well. But it's to be expected. Apple received this kind of bashing when it started rocketing to the top. The now it's our turn. The only reason we're taking notice is because of the amount of time we've personally invested into android. Honestly, my advice is to stop reading most other sites since they usually bash android. Sure android has its problems, and but so do all software platforms. 'Hatin' by definition is ripping off on someone who's doing good. So...as the hip hop song goes... 'look at me now', Androids getting paper!
  11. #11  
    gcims's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onixblack View Post
    I think that it is more of a fear than anything else really. Blackberry is starting to hit the back burner and I would say that iOS is starting to get stale. I think that Android is the best platform out there but I also think there needs to be a lot of fixes, and it will continue to grow as a platform.
    Onix, I am a big Android fan and user. I would like to launch off your statement that iOS is starting to get stale. I agree with you in it's present state but the announced iOS5 features coming will make it an attractive option. One podcaster last week stated that Apple must have a clipboard listing all the Android features they are missing and add a few every year. Grabbing BBM idea was great too. As long as everyone evolves at its current rate, Android will remain ahead, iOS second, followed by WP and RIM in last. ?Palm. I honestly have no clue...
  12. #12  
    caliskimmer's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,891 Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default

    Hey, Apple fans are getting hate too on some Apple site from Fandroids (NOT the same as Android fans). The point here is that whether or not one likes it, they will NOT change the opinions of people who have their mind set, blindly or with evidence, on a certain device. What I like to do is to either leave it alone or kindly state that they have the right to an opinion and then I proceed to state mine. I am not the Android fan I used to be, but I still enjoy reading about Android and chiming in on conversations down here once in a while. I don't like when someone defends Apple on a certain subject without any concrete evidence or someone who defends Android without concrete evidence, but most of the time, I do see educated arguments.

    Unfortunately, this extends to blogs and news sites as well. Although it appears that an article may be written professionally, it is still written by a human and that human most likely leans one way or the other. It is nearly impossible to be neutral, so the best thing to do is to come to a friendly resolution with the disagreeing person.

    For example, on the iFans website, they have recently begun to post articles relating to Android in hopes to attract more of a crowd; however, this has lead to some Android lovers disturbing the peace on the website (I assume it is the same here on AndroidCentral with Apple lovers once in a while). I simply explain that they have a full right to believe that, but that I disagree on some points.


    In conclusion, I'd say that, yes, please do stop the Android haterade because it is quite annoying, but we must stop the haterade being spread to other operating systems and phones as well
  13. #13  
    babybear293's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    ROM
    Infected Eternity ROM ...

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaqbird View Post
    In all honesty they have a legitimate complaint. It's not about what site is pro this or pro that or anti anything. I think Android is a great OS and even so called Pro Apple site, Engadget thinks its a great OS. The issue is the manufacturers and in some cases the carriers that are making a great OS not so great.

    Think about it, the Nexus series of phones are essential the best phones available not because of the hardware (super nerds would argue in favor of dual care or whatever gimmick is available) but because it's essentially untainted. There are no issues with fragmentation because updates come directly from Google and there are no worries about these manufacturers trying to differentiate themselves with software like Sense or Touchwiz, it's just the hardware. Outside of that, manufacturers feel the need to throw on their own iteration of android which can either improve or weaken the OS. The biggest issue is that manufacturers don't update their phones in a timely manner. They tend to hold off as long as possible to boost sales on the newer products or to get their own software on a device. Average consumers may or may not care, but we superusers care very much about that.

    Finally there's the carriers. Some (verizon) feel the need to pollute Android phones with their crapware when it's not even necessary. Whether or not you like Appple, they were smart in making their products crapware free and still managed to get big sales.

    Honestly Google needs to get control of they way these manufacturers and carriers are polluting Android. Find a way to get updates out better. Allow manufacturer software to be turned off. Not integrated into the system to the point where its more of a parasite than an addon. Either that or do what they did with sprint and slap a Nexus phone on a carrier.


    SN: Android is like a class of water. It's good on its own. The carriers/manufacturers are like that annoying waiter that insists you need a lemon in your water and puts it in your glass whether you want it or not.
    That is very true. I like Sense, but sadly Sprint doesn't have a Vanilla HTC phone.
  14. #14  
    ceemay's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod7 ICS THEME

    Default

    People play the same game with everything. Somebody says Lebron is better than kobe. What do kobe fans say ? How many rings does lebron have ? None. Same things with Android vs Ios. Somebody says Android is better than Ios. What is the response from the lil Apple fanboy. Android is fragmented and has less apps compared to the Ios. The only reason apple was able to gain so many apps and the way it looks is because Apple had more developers from the start than when android first took off. But Android is more customizible and smooth(too me) and i just love my custom roms on my inspire 4g. Apple is Simple to me with just standard icons that actually look good and its interface is so smooth. Its not customizable in no way.They didnt get actual wallpapers until last year i think. Standard everything. Because it is a Standard OS. Now android has a few problems also. Like Sometimes my phone lags and reboots by itself. But thats the only thing i see wrong with it. And that rarely happens to me unless im doing something with my custom rom. Apple is cool Android is Customizably Icy. Also the Manufacturers mess with android which makes it turn from a android os to a Samsung Ui plus the addition on android os or HTC sense plus android os. Which is cool for HTC but Samsung took the wrong path down creating a UI that is formatted to look just like ios. Samthing with Motoblur that **** is ****ing laggy than a *****. Excuse my language. Even dual core couldnt help the laggyness of Motoblur. Thats a problem with Motorola tho not android.
    Last edited by ceemay; 06-23-2011 at 05:12 PM.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    Hey, Apple fans are getting hate too on some Apple site from Fandroids (NOT the same as Android fans). The point here is that whether or not one likes it, they will NOT change the opinions of people who have their mind set, blindly or with evidence, on a certain device. What I like to do is to either leave it alone or kindly state that they have the right to an opinion and then I proceed to state mine. I am not the Android fan I used to be, but I still enjoy reading about Android and chiming in on conversations down here once in a while. I don't like when someone defends Apple on a certain subject without any concrete evidence or someone who defends Android without concrete evidence, but most of the time, I do see educated arguments.

    Unfortunately, this extends to blogs and news sites as well. Although it appears that an article may be written professionally, it is still written by a human and that human most likely leans one way or the other. It is nearly impossible to be neutral, so the best thing to do is to come to a friendly resolution with the disagreeing person.

    For example, on the iFans website, they have recently begun to post articles relating to Android in hopes to attract more of a crowd; however, this has lead to some Android lovers disturbing the peace on the website (I assume it is the same here on AndroidCentral with Apple lovers once in a while). I simply explain that they have a full right to believe that, but that I disagree on some points.


    In conclusion, I'd say that, yes, please do stop the Android haterade because it is quite annoying, but we must stop the haterade being spread to other operating systems and phones as well
    Not long after I purchased my Evo, I purchased an Ipod touch 4G just to get a basic feel of the IOS. From my understanding the Ipod touch has about 90% of the functions of the Iphone just minus the radio. With that being said the only thing that IOS allows you to do is pick an app. That is more or less an app launcher(android had a ton by the way) not an OS. I was bored with it in less than a day. It does work great as a music player though.
  16. #16  
    pheatton's Avatar

    Posts
    579 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaqbird View Post
    In all honesty they have a legitimate complaint. It's not about what site is pro this or pro that or anti anything. I think Android is a great OS and even so called Pro Apple site, Engadget thinks its a great OS. The issue is the manufacturers and in some cases the carriers that are making a great OS not so great.

    Think about it, the Nexus series of phones are essential the best phones available not because of the hardware (super nerds would argue in favor of dual care or whatever gimmick is available) but because it's essentially untainted. There are no issues with fragmentation because updates come directly from Google and there are no worries about these manufacturers trying to differentiate themselves with software like Sense or Touchwiz, it's just the hardware. Outside of that, manufacturers feel the need to throw on their own iteration of android which can either improve or weaken the OS. The biggest issue is that manufacturers don't update their phones in a timely manner. They tend to hold off as long as possible to boost sales on the newer products or to get their own software on a device. Average consumers may or may not care, but we superusers care very much about that.

    Finally there's the carriers. Some (verizon) feel the need to pollute Android phones with their crapware when it's not even necessary. Whether or not you like Appple, they were smart in making their products crapware free and still managed to get big sales.

    Honestly Google needs to get control of they way these manufacturers and carriers are polluting Android. Find a way to get updates out better. Allow manufacturer software to be turned off. Not integrated into the system to the point where its more of a parasite than an addon. Either that or do what they did with sprint and slap a Nexus phone on a carrier.


    SN: Android is like a class of water. It's good on its own. The carriers/manufacturers are like that annoying waiter that insists you need a lemon in your water and puts it in your glass whether you want it or not.

    I do agree with some of these points. Google does need to work something out that is set in stone that addresses the updates issue. Something like state before the phone is launched what updates it will be getting and then have to deliver the goods. Give the manufacturers some sort of punishment if they don't deliver.

    As for the bloatware that some carriers want to install I say do them like the Evo 3D, let the consumer remove them he/she chooses to. Without the need for rooting the phone.

    Then the matter of the UI customizations, I for one love Sense. Of all the Android devices I have had my Incredible and Thunderbolt are by far my favs. I do like the current 2.3 look and feel stock but given the choice I would take Sense all day. That being said if users truly want a stock experiance on a HTC or other phone I say have them release a clean ROM that can be installed.


    I think that this would give the Android a very good leg up on the competition and show just how much Google wants Android to succeed. I still remember my older brother showing me his Samsung Omnia running a very old version of Android, my how far we have come...
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaqbird View Post

    SN: Android is like a glass of water. It's good on its own. The carriers/manufacturers are like that annoying waiter that insists you need a lemon in your water and puts it in your glass whether you want it or not.
    Haha great analogy. I hate when they do that.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod
  18. #18  

    Default

    Whoever is at the top of the ladder always receives the most criticism. Too many people feel a need to defend their materialistic tendencies. And it's not just between OS brands; The Android fanbase argues amongst themselves over phone models and carriers. On various Android forums, I can see the same user change phone models and carriers three times within a year, ranting all the time about how newer models and OS releases can't come out fast enough, and will criticize a 3 month old model smartphone as being old and obsolete.

    No one brand of smartphone packs every single feature imaginable into one device or OS, and no one brand is without their own bugs or design flaws. So it's a simple matter for anyone to pick and choose one feature their brand has and the others don't, and then sensationalize the hell out of it to make it seem a bigger issue than it really is. Case in point (this is a random example, don't read into it) have you ever seen how BB fans make a huge issue out of their LED notification system that Android and iOS don't have or can't compare to? It's something that many people really couldn't care less about, but to the BB faithful, it's huge.

    As for fragmentation issues with Android... :shrug: It doesn't bother me too much. While different smartphone manufacturers can create the occasional headache, one good thing about it is that it also breeds competition and gives incentives between all the brands to continue to improve or innovate. Other OS brands have their own issues too.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    ANDROID__JUNKIE's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS Upgrade

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheatton View Post
    I do agree with some of these points. Google does need to work something out that is set in stone that addresses the updates issue. Something like state before the phone is launched what updates it will be getting and then have to deliver the goods. Give the manufacturers some sort of punishment if they don't deliver.

    As for the bloatware that some carriers want to install I say do them like the Evo 3D, let the consumer remove them he/she chooses to. Without the need for rooting the phone.

    Then the matter of the UI customizations, I for one love Sense. Of all the Android devices I have had my Incredible and Thunderbolt are by far my favs. I do like the current 2.3 look and feel stock but given the choice I would take Sense all day. That being said if users truly want a stock experiance on a HTC or other phone I say have them release a clean ROM that can be installed.


    I think that this would give the Android a very good leg up on the competition and show just how much Google wants Android to succeed. I still remember my older brother showing me his Samsung Omnia running a very old version of Android, my how far we have come...

    I agree on most of your points and I believe Google is trying to take some serious measures to address OS updates and fragmentation. Though nobody has been kind enough to leak info on the beta versions of Ice Cream Sandwich at Google I/O the keynote address did touch on these issues.

    Google did state, with initial support of all major national carriers, that moving forward all Android handsets will receive OS updates within 18 months of their release or until the hardware couldn't support it, whichever comes first.

    In the keynote address the issue of software compatibility is also going to be less of an issue for developers as Google would like to "shelter" differences in hardware through the OS to allow more devices to get new applications and allow developers to be more innovative, while reaching a larger demographic. I think this will allow us to see better productivity and entertainment applications as well as some really cool lightweight launchers/themes.

    I don't want to touch too much on bootloaders as I would hate to beat a dead horse. If we want custom ROMs/Kernals than we will get them regardless of the state of the bootloader. Yes, an unlocked bootloader causes less headaches but there are developers that are just as talented working on hacking these phones as there are developers locking them for OEMs and carriers. Being able to remove bloatware from sight (though still in ROM for factory reset) is nice and I welcome more phones to have this feature, but with revenue margins being what they are (slim) the manufacturers and carriers are under no obligation to give this to us.
  20. #20  
    Dark_Blu's Avatar

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

    Default

    I see the hate from sites that cater to "other platforms" and all I can do is laugh because if I were to stand next to a user of those "other platforms" with my EVO 4G from last year, my platform (Android) has less limitations and my phone is capable of doing everything I want it to do and then some. Could some things on Android be done better? Yes and they are being addressed right now as well as in the future, with ICS. To add to that, if I was willing to root my device, I'd get even more functionality out of it as well as get updates for it beyond what the manufacturer and my network provider, would allow. I'd say that those "other platforms" are definitely intimidated and that users of those platforms who are drinking the "hater aide" are uninformed and clueless about the advantages of this platform (Android). Let them hate and live with their platform's limitations. Mine (Android) does not have any that can't be addressed with software or hardware.
    If you listen to heavy rock music, come hear the tunes at link below:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    Thanked by:
    Nirvana328 likes this.
  21. #21  
    K Bear's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

    Default

    The biggest hate comes from Crackberry. Too many kool-aid drinking Blackberry elitests trash Android out of ignorance. It's one thing to be a fan, it's another to be ignorant. Every platform has its pulses and minuses. Trashing Android and iOS because they simply work better is shameful.
  22. #22  
    Ticojpunk's Avatar
    Recordist

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

    Default

    I owned an iPhone 4 for two weeks. I adore iOS. But I returned it because the bill would have crushed me. I soon after bought an iPod touch. Still love it.

    2 weeks ago I bought an Optimus V for Virgin Mobile. I've been a VM cust for a long time so decided to try Android, because at $25 a month, the price is certainly right.

    I love Android too! Love all of Google's fresh innovation all over it. IMO Google and Apple are two of the most creative companies right now, and I'm happy to have used both their smartphone OSs.

    Anything I dont like about the Optimus is totally to do with the lower level hardware and NOT with Android OS, that's for sure.

    I think bashers on either side just tend to be in love with the product they have and figure there's no way anything could be as good. I don't blame them for liking what they got, both iOS and Android are brilliantly designed and implemented.
    Last edited by Ticojpunk; 06-23-2011 at 06:50 PM.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaqbird View Post
    In all honesty they have a legitimate complaint. It's not about what site is pro this or pro that or anti anything. I think Android is a great OS and even so called Pro Apple site, Engadget thinks its a great OS. The issue is the manufacturers and in some cases the carriers that are making a great OS not so great.

    Think about it, the Nexus series of phones are essential the best phones available not because of the hardware (super nerds would argue in favor of dual care or whatever gimmick is available) but because it's essentially untainted. There are no issues with fragmentation because updates come directly from Google and there are no worries about these manufacturers trying to differentiate themselves with software like Sense or Touchwiz, it's just the hardware. Outside of that, manufacturers feel the need to throw on their own iteration of android which can either improve or weaken the OS. The biggest issue is that manufacturers don't update their phones in a timely manner. They tend to hold off as long as possible to boost sales on the newer products or to get their own software on a device. Average consumers may or may not care, but we superusers care very much about that.

    Finally there's the carriers. Some (verizon) feel the need to pollute Android phones with their crapware when it's not even necessary. Whether or not you like Appple, they were smart in making their products crapware free and still managed to get big sales.

    Honestly Google needs to get control of the way these manufacturers and carriers are polluting Android. Find a way to get updates out better. Allow manufacturer software to be turned off. Not integrated into the system to the point where its more of a parasite than an addon. Either that or do what they did with sprint and slap a Nexus phone on a carrier.


    SN: Android is like a glass of water. It's good on its own. The carriers/manufacturers are like that annoying waiter that insists you need a lemon in your water and puts it in your glass whether you want it or not.

    I would have to completely disagree with you. to be honest, 90% of android users dont even know what gingerbread, ice cream, donut, etc are. Just like 90% of iOS users dont know when there is an "upgrade" to their handset. fragmentation isnt an issue. It was just a ploy that steve jobs brought to the media because he was scared sh**less from Android. When majority of people buy phones they dont say "OMG i want this one it has gingerbread" only us geeks do. Most people say "OMG i want the wifis and the GB's and the LTE's" just because you read about it on forums doesnt mean it is apparent by everyone. forums are the absolute vocal MINORITY.


    The other people hate android because why, they are the best. clear and simple. its the same reason people hate kobe and labron, and rose. You dont see people saying man I absolutely hate joe smith. Why do they hate? because if you like one, you dislike the other society has taught us terrible habits and that liking more then one thing is bad, you either like one or the other.
  24. #24  
    MaxO's Avatar

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default

    as much as i love android i think all the good things about it come with certain consequences..

    the good ol f-word seems to come to mind (fragmentation.. duh)

    but i honestly grow a little tired of it, and its really hard for me to not only defend it but to validate me buying a brand new device (especially when rooted, flashing roms is too easy) only reasons would be hardware (form factor, speed, etc.)

    and of course the fact that buying a new device on froyo(for example) doesnt mean that i will get an upgrade to gingerbread or even ice cream

    to be honest, me and android may not be together forever at least not if those things arent fixed in some way

    if webos had more than 7 apps and 2 developers and a giant screen that would be my obvious choice of platform.. ios is boring (but may be my next device for ****s and giggles).. blackberry is outdated.. and windows phone is not really appealing to me (yet..)
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ANDROID__JUNKIE View Post
    I also understand that a lot of these sites are pro Apple or pro Blackberry but why does it seem that there are so many that feel the need to bash Android?
    for the same reason all these pro-android sites find it necessary to bash the competition...dont take this the wrong way, i'm an android fan boy, but if the different fanboys would stop bashing each other, then we'd all get along better
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions