POLL: how many homescreens do you actually use?

Hubbysatrucker

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

I use 5 of 7 but a couple of those don't have but 2 or 3 things on them.
I have heard that the more widgets you have on your screens the longer it takes for your phone to "wake up" and I've been advised to put everything but the most used shortcut widgets into folders....and truth to that???​

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use 5. I could bump up to 7 but from what I've realized the more widgets the bigger the battery drain. If I could get better battery life I'd have 7 screens filled with widgets :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
My NS4G has 5 screens and I use most space on all of them, but only the primary home screen is completely filled (4x2 Fancy Widget, 4x1 SwitchPro widget and 4 links for Calendar, Contacts, emailing and messaging).

I do like the built-in Folder option. I use one for all my games, one for travel oriented apps and one for audio stuff (Music, Audible, Shazam, Pandora, etc).

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have 7 and use only six of them on Launcherpro. I use about 3 of them every day... (Tapatalk Widgets, Launcherpro FaceBook widget, Twitter Widgets, etc) really I trying to use the homescreen to its full potential, and I think I am using it pretty efficiently.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Being on a Replenish, I don't have much space for apps on the phone anyway (since even moving them to the SD card still takes up space on the phone, and several apps can't be moved to the SD card (crap)). So right now I have 2 screens.

Screen 1: Common apps (mail, contacts, maps, lastpass), plus a dock (phone, market, gtalk, browser)
Screen 2: Everything else that I occasionally use. (Socal apps, banking, and a couple games)

Everything else sits in the app tray.

Analog

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
One, count 'em one, home screen. When I started using Android I used multiple screens and widgets because everybody else seemed to be doing it. But I found out pretty quickly that by using Launcher Pro and making use of the three scrollable docks and the swipe-up options for dock icons, I can get all the functions that those widgets provided just as quickly if not more quickly.

One home screen, three scrolling docks, one weather widget. That's it. Nice and clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21