Anyone else bummed about Flash 10.1 news?

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The CEO of Adobe has announced that 10.1 will not be out until the 2nd half of this year. Arrrrg! Come on! What is with the continual delays with this product? The fact that they give themselves such a large 6 month window makes me think we may never see this.

The fact that the Android system was going to have Flash (very soon) was one of the main reasons I switched from my iPhone to an Nexus One.

Steve Jobs must be grinning ear to ear :mad:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Yup, that's how they get ya. They say the phone will have something then in small print it says coming very soon i.e. flash and 32gb sdcard only to be later delayed. But, what can ya do?

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Adobe is quickly becoming a bastard child that nobody likes.

I'm so pissed about their constant lying that I would love to see Steve Jobs kick the **** out of that Adobe CEO.

I trusted Adobe and I am coming to believe that they are straight up liars.

They showed video of flash running on the Nexus MONTHS ago. That was either a setup or staged, or they are purposely holding back a working product. Either way, they are liars and are jerking us off.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, there are some demos on YouTube. One is of playing farmville. Which, by the way looked very rough. In fact maybe Adobe has realized Jobs was correct and Flash just isn't feasible on a phone? Maybe it's too demanding on system resources, or whatever. So, they're just going to sit on it. It'll be under development forever.
I'm just say'n.........

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Adobe is quickly becoming a bastard child that nobody likes.

I'm so pissed about their constant lying that I would love to see Steve Jobs kick the **** out of that Adobe CEO.

I trusted Adobe and I am coming to believe that they are straight up liars.

They showed video of flash running on the Nexus MONTHS ago. That was either a setup or staged, or they are purposely holding back a working product. Either way, they are liars and are jerking us off.

I'd rather be jerked off by Adobe than given a lobotomy by Steve Jobs.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Adobe has a monopoly on flash, they can take as long as they like. No one will be able to do anything about it.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yup, that's how they get ya. They say the phone will have something then in small print it says coming very soon i.e. flash and 32gb sdcard only to be later delayed. But, what can ya do?

Yup that how companies sell phone, if you honest you dont sell anything.

manudave500

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
i was excited to see that flash demo, but it really wasn't very impressive. hopefully they're working out the kinks. for all the time it's taking, it better be good.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If websites would just stop using Flash, we wouldn't need to wait around for Adobe. I think we should join Apple and boycott Flash - :::best Braveheart voice::: who's with me!?

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
it was supposed to be out for the palm pre as well and its delayed there as well... I am one of the people who bought the nexus one with specific hopes of having flash on my phone.. but it seems like it will never come

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
these guys at adobe they dont even talk the same lenguage..the CEO of the company comes out and said it will not be available until 2nd half of the year and then a week later a big boss here in usa says that its still on track to be released the 1st half ...cmon u guys is this a she says , he says game . and the sad part is that there are idiots like myself folowing every single move lolol. what can i say.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
While I have no great love of Flash, there's just no way I'll support Apple.

Amen to that... Apple's motives are not nearly as allturistic as they make them out to be. Apple is all about "do it our way or else"... no thanks....yes Flash will be outdated in a few years when html5 goes final and is adopted by the majority of developers but that's a few years away.

In the meantime Adobe should continue work on Flash for mobile platforms. Even when HTML5 is adopted it's not as if every site on the web that uses Flash is gonna go recode everything, nor will all developers switch right away. There will be tons of flash on the web for years to come and Android, WebOS, and BlackBerry will support it and iPhone wont and it will be yea another thing to add to the list if iDon'ts.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Wont be all it's cracked up to be.

even when it does come out, it won't be a smooth experience. The processors on most phones won't be able to handle it. the snapdragon may do it best but it will also drain the battery very quickly.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
That lastest Flash video on the Nexus One looked very promising, a@ctually. There was no lag but obviously we don't know about battery life yet. Maybe 2.2 will have stellar battery life!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781