Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card Overwritten

Hi Folks

Need help here. I had bunch of photos from a trip on an SD Card in my camera (a regular p&s camera). My PC was not recognizing the card when connected to camera or through a card reader. So I put that card in my HTC Desire S phone and connected to PC. And I found that Phone had copied Android folder structure on the card and the photos were nowhere to be found. That's scary. So I put disconnected phone from PC and put the card back in Camera. And the photographs are all gone now. Is there anything I can do now to recover these photographs.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: SD Card Overwritten

Quote Originally Posted by MangeshS View Post
    Hi Folks

Need help here. I had bunch of photos from a trip on an SD Card in my camera (a regular p&s camera). My PC was not recognizing the card when connected to camera or through a card reader. So I put that card in my HTC Desire S phone and connected to PC. And I found that Phone had copied Android folder structure on the card and the photos were nowhere to be found. That's scary. So I put disconnected phone from PC and put the card back in Camera. And the photographs are all gone now. Is there anything I can do now to recover these photographs.
    try using the auto recovery application available in the play store.

Global Posts
    7,789 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: SD Card Overwritten

There are recovery tools for PC and Mobile platforms. I've seen this situation come up in the past and not seen anyone have success with retrieving images with an App. You can try using a PC client with the SD card plugged into the computer and scan the drive to see if the images are retrievable.