Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blurry Instagram Photos on Galaxy S5

I upgraded to the galaxy s5 after hearing about the great camera quality. It does have an amazing camera, but the pictures only look good on the phone. Everytine I upload a picture to instagram or send one in a text, it comes out really blurry. I got this phone for the specific reason of taking pictures, but if they only look good on the phone there is no point. Any ideas why this happens? Is instagram made for iphones?

Default Re: Blurry Instagram Photos on Galaxy S5

When sending pictures via MMS the image is REALLY degraded due to compression (iUsers might not see this since iMessage works via data, like Whatsapp, and not MMS). As for Instagram, while it does compress the image, it really shouldn't be so much that it renders your image unusable. However, it won't retain the same quality as the original image will have on your phone.

I did have issues with Instagram in the past with my S4, but after a couple of updates, they went away. I'm currently using it on a Note 3 with no issues.

Try this: Instagram saves a copy of the edited image on your phone. Does that image (the local copy) also seem too blurry?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, the copy that instagram saves appears exactly like the original. It's just when it is posted that it becomes very pixelated and blurry.

Then yeah, it's exactly what was happening to me. It was an Instagram issue but to be quite honest, we never figured out what was causing it. They suggested I turn off the "Advanced Processing" option, maybe that'll help (if the option is still there in the new version). For me, after a couple of app updates, it just fixed itself. But it was annoying as heck to have that issue with such a great camera.

I at times had that issue which annoyed me a lot as I came from an iPhone but the latest updates really hadn't shown that issue much

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    Phone History
    Blackberry Curve > HTC Hero > Blackberry Tour > HTC EVO > Blackberry Bold > Droid X > iPhone 4 > HTC Evo LTE > iPhone 5 > Droid DNA > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S4 > iPhone 5S > Galaxy S5

Twitter: @Shoenflwx